cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital Voice Activation

Posting on behalf of my In-Laws who are both in their 80s - and have just been migrated to Full Fibre with Digital Voice ..

They were connected yesterday by a Kelly’s Engineer, but although he plugged their BT Dect into the rear of the Hub 2 .. He’s left them without a working service. 

If you ring the number assigned to them, it goes straight to 1571 Voicemail - doesn’t even ring. They have no dialling tone at their end either 😞

When looking at the Order Tracker, at the Digital Voice part, there are 4 steps ( steps 2,3 and 4 have a green tick) but step 1 Hub Connected does not have a green tick …

Does this mean the service isn’t yet activated ?

Cheers

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital Voice Activation

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Have they tried rebooting the hub?  When mine was activated the hub didn't pick up the new settings until it was rebooted.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Yep - the Hub has been rebooted. 

Still no difference. They now have a broken dial tone, indicating they have voicemail messages, but dialling 1571 doesn’t do anything. 

I’ve tried turning the voicemail feature off, via the EE app, but it keeps saying there’s a problem. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Does the hub management page show their (correct) phone number? 

When you say the Kelly engineer plugged their DECT in, I'm assuming you mean they have an existing cordless base station that he plugged into the green phone socket on the back of the hub?   If they've got some sort of dial tone, it suggests it's working, just not correctly.

If so, then it suggests there is a fault somewhere and you'll need to get in touch with customer services.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Yep, the Kelly engineer plugged their existing BT Dect base station into the rear of the Hub for them. 

I haven’t asked them to check the Hub Management page (didn’t think of that) … but that they can do …

Cheers for the replies so far

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hurrah - following. hard reset of the Smart Hub, and a short wait of 30 mins or so ... Digital Voice is now working 🙂

Just need to switch Voicemail off - a call to 150 I'm guessing to switch it off ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Unfortunately if you’ve been ‘regraded’ to EE, you cannot switch it off via the BT Calling Feature online page …

BT close your account down, and you have to re-register with EE. Their online account management allows you to change the number of rings before it cuts in, but does not allow you to switch it off completely. 

I’ve just spoken to Customer Services who say they have to issue an order to remove the service, but this can’t be done until the renumber takes place next week

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@Mark 

If you are now with EE, you would be best posting on their forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

EE are a separate company within the BT Group.

0 Ratings