cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice Adapter

Ive been sent a Digital Voice Adapter by BT to allow my home office phone to work - as it stopped working after we moved to BT Digital Voice.

I have "registered" the adapter successfully when it is next to our main router in the living room (ie. steady green light), but as soon as I then plug in the adaptor in my office where it is needed, it returns to the flashing green light, and the office phone still does not work - despite there being a strong Wifi signal in the office with a BT booster disc.

According to the instructions - "Once registered to your Smart Hub, your Digital Voice Adaptor will remember its link, even if you unplug it and move it elsewhere around your home". NOT TRUE - IT DOESN'T !!

A BT engineer attended a week ago - could not get it to work - and said there must be a fault on the adaptor, and I should order a replacement. I have done this, the replacement has arrived and is doing exactly the same thing!

I despair! Any thoughts? All I want is a working landline telephone in my home office, which is what I had before we were compelled to move to Digital Voice!!

Thank you!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice Adapter

@rekrab999 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

The DV adapter uses DECT, not Wi-Fi, so booster discs would make no difference. The DV adapter needs to be nearer to the home hub, or your phone needs to be connected directly into the phone socket on the back of the home hub.

How was the phone in your office connected before DV?

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Prior to our transfer to digital voice, the phone had it's own landline socket in our office.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The home hub is at the front of the house in the living room. The office is at the back of the garage - at the back of the house. It's impracticable to run a lead all the way from the living room to the office!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

are you on FTTP or FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 7

See the FAQ, you can wire the home hub socket back into your existing phone wiring.

Message 7 of 7

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.