cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 35

Re: Digital Voice - Distortion / Crackle

I was suggesting a socket somewhere between the Hub & where the DVA was originally.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 35

There are none… only those two! 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

So how did you power the base station when you pluggged it into the Hub?

You could report the DVA as faulty & see if BT will replace it. Although we don't actually know it's faulty so you may be no better off.

Message 24 of 35

Apologies, thought you mean phone socket and not power socket! 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 35

If it were me I'd relocate the base station to the Hub & do away with the DVA. Then either just return that handset to the base overnight to charge or check Ebay for another charging stand.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 35

I'm confused now with the mention of phone sockets in relation to the DVA. Phone sockets are not involved.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 35

They are if you’re using your own DECT handsets. My issue has been resolved by a replacement DV adaptor. Which is what I thought it was to begin with.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 35

No they are not, unless you have connected the phone sockets to the green socket on the hub.

If you are using a DVA, you shouldn't be connecting anything to phone sockets.

You seem to be misunderstanding the purpose of the DVA, it effectively provides a replacement for an analogue phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

I followed the instructions provided, my master socket is in a cupboard where my fibre  to home connection into my open reach box is, the socket behind my TV on my media box, is where my DV adaptor is plugged in, to which my DECT handset plugs into. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

Right, there seems to be some confusion here.

First of all do you have full fibre to the home (FTTP) or just fibre to the cabinet (FTTC). I.e does your Smart Hub2 plug into your master socket or an Openreach fibre modem (ONT).

Either way, your Digital Voice phones do not connect to your master socket. You connect your DECT base station to either the green socket at the rear of the hub or into a DVA which connects to the hub via DECT.

0 Ratings