cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice Headset

Go to solution

With the older copper system I had a base set that I could plug a headset into. I would like to have a headset compatible with digital voice phone but cant find a product that does this e.g. Bluetooth or DECT.  NB I don't want to use an adapter for the old 'phone. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice Headset

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You can plug your existing handset's base station to the back of the Smart Hub 2 via the green phone port it has on the back.  You don't need to use the BT Digital Voice handset or BT Digital Voice adapter if you are ok with just plugging the phone into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

The FAQs section will also cover how to enable your existing base station's answer phone (if you have one) 

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is my 'office' is in a different room to the router - which I can't move because it is linked to other devices.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If on full fibre you could inject the voice service back to your internal wiring and extension phone sockets.

This would allow you to connect your internal extension phone sockets to the phone ATA port on the back of the smart hub 2 allowing you then to connect an existing phone to it via one of your extension phone sockets.

It's a bit of a DIY and you'll need to disconnect the internal wiring from the external wiring

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks that would work and I'll give it a try.
0 Ratings