cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Digital Voice - How to disable voicemail function

Go to solution

Is anyone able to identify how to disable this function?

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Digital Voice - How to disable voicemail function

Go to solution

See: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

1571 answering service is enabled by default with DV, therefore if using an answering machine, 1571 should be set to maximum number of rings and the answering machine to a fewer number to allow the answering machine to cut in before 1571.

Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

By definition if it is enabled by default then there should be away to disable it.  

That  is the question I want answered please!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

Not sure if it is done in the same way as the "old" system as per the "Help page.

How do I cancel Voicemail?

You can easily cancel Voicemail online. Go to www.bt.com/callingfeatures and click the Manage my calling features button. This will start an online order process. Put in your home number and postcode and confirm you're the BT account holder to continue.

The next screen will show any calling features that are currently on your line. To cancel Voicemail, scroll down and click the "Remove all my messaging features" radio button. Alternatively, if you'd like to keep BT Call Protect, click that radio button instead.

Click Continue to complete the cancellation order

You can also manage all your calling features (including ordering, upgrading and cancelling them) at www.bt.com/mybt.

Message 5 of 34

Go to solution

Many thanks, it would have been nice if BT had made reference to how you disabled it in the DV instructions. 

Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

There is no area that allows you to disable everything.

I am not showing on my BT as being on voice mail but I am?

I am being told by BT that it cannot be removed.

Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

Thank you @gg30340 for this workaround!
Parents have a) never used voicemail nor want it, and b) too old to get to the phone before even the extended rings kick into voicemail.

Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

Thank you for this solution to a BIG problem.  WHY do BT make it so difficult to cancel/do-away with their 'voicemail' service?  There is NO simple option  in 'Manage' Digital Voice (so you cannot manage Digital Voice, nor is there an obvious solution in the general help. 

TYPICAL Techi's.  "We use it, so everyone else must want it".  Without finding this solution, we would have changed provider, many people want to use their own answerphone, that also gives them enough time, or the option, to pick-up.  STOP forcing 'Voice-Mail' on everyone BT - you are annoying!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

I believe and was told by persons here that you can set the 1571 delay to the longest time, say 30 seconds or so. Then on your own answering machine you get set it to answer after a  number of rings that is convenient to yourself or others again, say, 5 or 6 rings before cutting in. This way it will answer well before the 1571 system.