cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Digital Voice - Not Configured On Hub - BT can't seem to fix it !!!

Go to solution

Had full fibre installed a couple of weeks ago. Broadband is working fine, but I cannot get a phone service to work !

On the smart hub2 the phone box is greyed out and it says not configured. My account shows as having digital voice set up, and after multiple calls to BT, it still is not working.  There is no dial tone if I plug a normal phone into the hub, and the handsets will register to the hub fine, but then show they cannot make or receive calls. 

This is obviously some fault at BT's end, yet they can't seem to fix it. I have been promised that it has been escalated a few times, engineers on the phone have tried various resets etc... but nothing is getting it working. There seems to be some problem on their system somewhere not showing I am eligible for digital phone, even though my account shows all the details of it

Has anyone else had this problem and got it fixed?  At the moment I am having to pay for a Skype service ( £10 per month ) to be able to use a home phone at all. 

Getting quite fed up of this now and considering changing to another provider who can provide the service I am paying for! 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Digital Voice - Not Configured On Hub - BT can't seem to fix it !!!

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

have you tried a factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash?  remember to turn off smart setup in hub manager when your hub reboots

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Hi, yes we have tried that multiple times, plus resetting the fibre box etc... None of it seems to be an issue at my end, it is something to do with BT not turning on the vioce phone on their system

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

are you dealing with the FTTP TEAM 08005874787?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

I have dealt with a few people, the main customer services, then the technical department and faults and the fibre team. None of them seem to be able to actually get it sorted out

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Then try the number as the FTTP TEAM. Deal with digital voice

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks, I think I  have spoken to them before but will give them another go!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Phoning that fibre number just takes me to the same main BT menu I have been going through before

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Sorry you just need to keep trying. You are diverted to the normal CS number when the FTTP  TEAM number is to busy. This has been covered in posts previously 

0 Ratings