cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Digital Voice Quality Issues (and beeping)

Nice idea. I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back  🙂

Message 12 of 20

We have exactly the same problem with the essential digital voice phones supplied by BT. We cannot move the SH2 from one end of the house (as far as I know) so that is 15m from the main part of the house.

We do find that using our old phones with a BT voice adapter (which they sent me for free) is a little better, but still a vastly inferior call quality to our old copper landline.

I find it hard to believe that this so called modern technology means we now have an inferior service. We don’t have a mobile signal indoors and have to go down the garden to get one so we are very disappointed. BT have no solution!!

I would like to try re-registering the handsets but don’t know how…no info on BT website.

And would paying for their premium phones help??

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

So the ubiquity is the SH2? But then we wouldn’t get any broadband? Or am I going down the wrong alley?!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

@Hilshils 

You can move the SH2 anywhere you can run an ethernet cable to. I doubt re-registering will help, nor upgrading the phones.

Ubiquity is a mesh system attached to the OP's SH2, so not relevant to you.

Presumably you connection & call quality is OK near the SH2?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

I’ll check, I am not at home now and we rarely use the phones in the room where the SH2 is! Thank you for replying.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

@surreysteve1 

Any Joy?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

I made one call with the access point switched off and it was hard to tell if it was better or not.

I was going to turn down the 2.4 channel and see how it went over next week.  I suspect it's a factor but possibly not the only one. As mentioned the router is in the loft and we also have some foil backed insulation in the floor joists that may not help.

It's not easy for me to relocate the router as I have a hard wired ethernet network that is all in the loft and the BT line also comes in there. It would be quite a rewiring job  😞

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Rather you than me by the sounds of it. 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Upgrading the phones will not help one bit.

Both the Essential and the Advanced DV handsets use DECT in the same way.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

@Hilshils 

Will not solve you problem, but with having no mobile service indoors, have you tried turning on wifi calling on the mobile phone?

0 Ratings