cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Digital Voice Renumber appears to be impossible

Firstly I thought it would be best to give a bit of background

We moved house on 15th February to a new build which only had FTTP, we were originally with plusnet, but has they could not provide a FTTP service they recommened that move to BT, so we signed up to broadband to digital voice, while signing up I asked about keeping our existing number that had been with plusnet, I was told that this would be possible, and I would need to wait until Digital Voice was activated and then ask for a renumber, the new build is only a mile from where I live and using the same STD number, I was also told in later conversations that we are on the same exchange.

So on the 17th February I rang to ask for a renumber, an order was placed I did say we had moved from plusnet, but I got a text on 18th February to say that we need more information, I rang back and was told that the automated request had gone to plusnet, who rejected it has the service had creased, so a new order was raised on 18th February, around the 24th February our phone number was changed to number I had requested, but a limited number of people could call us, most people got number not recognised. I raised a fault and Digital Voice called me on 2nd March, to give us a new number, and say that the runumber should be active 9th March, the reason for the delay is that the number we requested was in quarantine, and would not be released until 9th March, on the 10th March I got emails to say a new order was placed, which again requests more information. I have been told that the number I want is free.

I have now been told that it is impossible to do, I have asked for a technical reason for this, although not hopeful for answer, so it would appear that it impossible to port a number from a copper network to a fibre network, or at least the number in the area I live, as we are all going fibre in the future, there could be a lot of people thart may lose the phone numbers that they have had for many years, surely this cant be the way to go.

Anyone got any ideas or thoughts.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital Voice Renumber appears to be impossible

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital Voice Renumber appears to be impossible

Call the FTTP team, they should be able to help. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings