cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice can't receive calls from VoIP landline

Go to solution

Hi

My dad has had Digital voice (on a full fibre connection) for a couple of years and we were able to call him no problem from our VoIP landline (Truespeed full fibre connection). About 6-8 weeks ago when I called him I got an automated response to say that the 1572 service was active on his line and to leave a message.

When I next visited my dad a few days later I checked his phone and discovered that the 1572 service was NOT activated. I also discovered that I could make calls OK to him from my mobile phone, and that he could make calls to our landline OK.

It seems (from reading some other posts) there could be a porting or number translation issue. It seems something has been updated (incorrectly) about 6-8 weeks ago given all was working OK before this.

Where do I start with trying to get this resolved? My dad is 87 years old and has no clue about technology.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice can't receive calls from VoIP landline

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @blackwhite651 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. It doesn't sound like a number porting issue as you wouldn't be directed to the voicemail, also if the digital voice service worked fine for a couple of years it's unlikely to be a porting problem.

Has your dad possibly added your number to the Call Protect blacklist by mistake? This would divert all your calls to the junk voicemail and is intended to help block nuisance calls.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response.

I have found my number on the blacklist and have removed it - just need to test it now. Lots of other numbers on there which I will need to check with my dad if they should be there.

Thanks again

Cheers, Dave

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@blackwhite651 Hi Dave no problem, I'm confident you'll be able to get through now. Post back to let me know how you get on with your test call.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Neil

Test call all good.

Just need to go through the list of numbers and see how many others have been accidentally blocked!

Cheers, Dave