cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital Voice cannot make outbound calls

Had Digital Voice for around two months now, took literally months for BT to get this working, but as of today I cannot make any outgoing calls.
People can still call me fine, been getting calls all day, and broadband is still working fine.

Why would it only be outbound calls ? Is something down or broken at BT ? 

Any ideas ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital Voice cannot make outbound calls

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Are you getting a dial tone when trying to make a call?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi imjolly,

No, I’m not getting a dial tone.

As soon as I start to dial, underneath the tone dialling I can hear a faint engaged tone, which continues even after the number has dialled and the call fails to connect.

I’ve tried turning the new BT Hub ( new in Feb 2024 ) off for five minutes and then back on again, but still the same. I still have good broadband/internet and I can still receive incoming calls, just cannot make outbound calls.

Given the complete nightmare we went through with BT getting it setup in the first instance I am loathed to contact anyone as likely as not they won’t have a clue and are very likely to make things worse not better if going on past experience. At least I have working broadband and incoming calls at present..

Should I just wait it out ? Will they realise and fix whatever is wrong at their end, it’s *always* been a problem at their end in the past when things finally get resolved, despite saying its issues at my end and sending umpteen Openreach engineers round to see us, who have never found any problems at my end and wonder why they have been sent round in the first place.  It seems that BT are totally useless at locating and admitting/resolving issues on their side. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

if not a normal dial tone are you getting intermittent tone like engaged tone?  have you checked your messages box is not full and you have messages waiting on 1571?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Same thing, as I dial 1571 I just hear a feint engaged tone in the background and doesn’t appear to connect to 1571, just hear this feint engaged tone, beeep, beeep, beeep, beeep..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

If you have had DV for two months , are you saying outgoing calls were OK on DV but not now , or that in these two months you have only ever had incoming calls , and have never had a dialing tone from DV ?
Does you your router show DV configured ?
Trusting to luck and assuming that the problem will be identified and resolved without you reporting it , is never a good idea , if it isn’t working report it as not working
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Took months to get everything working after switching from copper to DV, no telephone at all for over a month whilst they tried to figure out why DV wouldn’t work, was something wrong with the configuration at DV platform in the end they said.

So has all be working happily for just over a month, now this.

the phrase ‘trailblazing’ comes to mind.. I’m not sure that this is a fully mature system yet.. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@MW8 I'm sorry about that, please can you try restarting your Hub and let me know if that helps?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi Neil,

Was my very first ‘go to’

Tried again today, still same. Internet is still OK, can still receive calls OK. Just can’t make outgoing calls. 

Surely if it were my kit I’d not be receiving any calls ?

0 Ratings