cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Digital Voice extra phones

Hi

Im having DV installed next Monday and a bit confused! 
I have received one BT Advanced Digital Home Phone-Alexa (Type A).

The SH2 Hub will be in the lounge.

What do I need to do to have extra DV phones in the kitchen and bedroom, as I do with my current cordless phones?

Thanks

Frank

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Digital Voice extra phones

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Plug the master base station of your cordless phones into the phone socket on the Smarthub 2 and your present cordless phones will work as they do now.

Follow the instruction with the BT digital phone to connect it to the Smarthub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Sorry gg30340, I don’t understand that.

I want to replace my cordless phones with the BT DV Advanced phones.

One will be in the lounge with the SH2 hub and I want two more, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.

how do I do that?

Frank

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Hi @frankg4553 

You can buy extra phones from the BT Shop or other on-line retailers. I bought 3 extra HD Phones with Alexa cheap from a well known auction site.

BT Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in (101806) | BT Shop

Note, you should have been offered extra phones at a discounted price when you ordered your free one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

I thought you would still want to use your cordless phones. If you don't want to do that you will need to buy two BT Digital phones.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/digital-voice

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

That’s right, I need to buy two more BT digital phones…but can I just plug them in to a normal 3-pin plug socket in the kitchen and bedroom for them to work?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Hi Veteran

I wasn’t offered extras at a discounted price when I upgraded online. I’ll look into that.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

@frankg4553 wrote:

That’s right, I need to buy two more BT digital phones…but can I just plug them in to a normal 3-pin plug socket in the kitchen and bedroom for them to work?

Yes, but you will need to follow the instructions to connect/ register them to the Smarthub2 so that they can work via the Dect base station built into the Smarthub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Thanks gg👍
0 Ratings