cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice network architecture.

Go to solution

Which part of BT Group  controls/manages the virtual network that Digital Voice calls pass through.

Is this an acceptable topic for this forum?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice network architecture.

Go to solution

Each communication provider now runs their own VoIP network.

For BT Consumer, it would be Digital and Networks teams that implements and maintains the BT Digital Voice service and it's various gateways and other infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Do the digital and networks teams have their own technicians to physically fault/repair gateway equipment.

At what equipment stage does it become openreach network engineers.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

As DV is a proprietary BT system, I can't see that Openreach are involved anywhere. Openreach are only responsible for the medium carrying DV, not DV itself.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry I mentioned Openreach, I did try to avoid the name. Lapse of concentration on my part.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Openreach won't handle the day to day running or implementation of the communication provider's VoIP service apart from the moving customers off the   WLR (PSTN) network and onto a SoGEA/SOTAP or FTTP product.

BT Digital and BT Networks have their own software engineers, network and software driven network engineers along with technicians and support teams. You'll probably find that most issues with VoIP services are actually fixed by applying software patches and running scripts rather than an actual person having to physically go somewhere (unless it's an underlying kit and rack issue where the virtual servers are running) 

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you jac 95,  that was just the sort of information I was wanting.

0 Ratings