cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice - unable to receive all incoming calls

Hi,

We've had Digital Voice since 2022. We regularly use our landline and have had the same number for a few decades with no issues. We were previously with Plusnet before moving over to BT and were told we needed to take Digital Voice.

Since late 2022 we've been having ongoing issues with the service and not being able to receive all incoming calls. I've been trying to get this fixed since, had several engineers round to check our connection, been in touch with customers advisors throughout the year and still not been able to get this fixed or provided with an answer as to why this is happening. Its been extremely frustrating to deal with, and very time consuming! We want to be able to use our landline without any issues, and it's really annoying to hear that family and friends have tried to get in touch by calling and haven't been able to connect. 

- No issues calling out, we also receive some calls that come through fine with no issues. 

- A majority of close friends and family calling through via landline and mobile keep getting the automated message 'the number you have dialled has not been recognised, please check and try again'. They are also including the area code when dialling and are located in the UK. These are all numbers that had no issues getting through to us prior to Digital Voice.

- Every time we've had an Openreach or BT engineer round they have tried calling off their work mobile and are able to get through with no issues, most likely because they're on EE. And so are our mobiles too.

- The wi-fi connection has also been checked on several occasions and is working fine. I was told a few times that family and friends could have possibly tried calling when the internet had dropped, which can't be right as I've asked plenty of times for them to call continuously whilst we've tested it out. 

- I've even had a friend come over to call from their mobile so I can hear the automated message myself. 

- Spoken to an advisor that checked if we had switched on call diversion, but we had not. So that's not the issue either. 

- I was told by an advisor to keep a record of all numbers along with dates and times when they've tried to get through. Then been told to expect a call back, which then doesn't happen, and then resulted in me opening up another case for advice because the other one has been dismissed as resolved/or fixed. 

- We are using the BT HD Digital Voice handsets. Recently, I've had to reset both handsets weekly because we've started having issues with those too. As soon as the phone rings, the phone restarts, so we can't even answer a call when one does come through.

- After seeing more friends and family over summer and Christmas, we've been told that other people have tried getting in touch with us but given up because they can't get through to our number at all.  

I've noticed that a lot of other people are noe having similar issues with Digital Voice, and that this seems to be a porting issue? 

We were never given a temporary number when switching over so I'm not sure if this has resulted in this issue?

Any solutions or advice on this issue would really be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice - unable to receive all incoming calls

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

This sound like a porting issue, I will ask a moderator to post here.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thank you, that would be helpful 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I had a similar issue with another VoiP provider. The caller was on O2 and their network was playing out this message when they tried to dial our number. I then dialled them (just a missed call), they tried calling me  back and it went through.

Maybe it is something to do with systems in the callers network needing to recognise a number as valid first?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Good morning @S0504

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your posts!  I am sorry for the problems you're having receiving calls.  I understand this problems doesn't happen on all incoming calls.

We can pick up from here and help look into this.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thank you, I've replied to your private message 

Message 8 of 8

Still not heard back on this issue. Did receive an email middle of last week telling me the issue had been sorted but it still hasn't been fixed. 

Any chance you can put this through to the Wholesale team to look into please @RobbieMac ?

I've noticed this post with the same issue which has apparently been sorted: 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-Cannot-receive-all-incoming-c...

Thanks again.

0 Ratings