cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice

Go to solution

I have just signed up to a new contract with BT to include our landline and Broadband Fibre 2.  We have been offered to move us onto Digital Voice as well.  I've ordered an adapter for the phone, but if this does not work can we still get a free digital phone instead?

And does anyone know of the cost of installing a fibre cable from the street cabinet to the home and the 2 phone adapter boxes on the outside and inside the house?  I asked when negotiating the new contract, but they declined to give an answer and I can't find this when trying to search as well.  The street cabinet is only across the road from the house.

Would much appreciate help with these queries.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Swindon_J 

fibre does not come from street cab.  you just need to wait until openreach install fibre cables in your area and you can then upgrade to full fibre

you can connect your existing phone to socket on back of hub.  the DV adapter should work ok with your existing phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Swindon_J 

I tried the adapter but it wasn't right for me so I phoned up & got the 2 Essential phones instead.

0 Ratings