cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 95

Re: Digital Voice.

I feel for you. There are a lot of contributors who do not care about us who are not au fait with technology.
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 95

@outlaw123wrote:

Please note that there are members of this community that do not have the ability that you do. 

BT can send a home tech expert to assist if you need it, the cost is free for Halo customers as part of their 1 free annual visit or £40 for non-Halo customers.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 95

@outlaw123   @Jane2018  I’ve spent a considerable about of my working life as a trainer and I am well aware that you can never take it for granted that people are following what you are saying.  Plus, human nature being what it is, people don’t ask questions when they should.  Some people on here, without that background do tend to be a little abrupt at times but they are willing to help and very knowledgeable.

The point people are trying make at the moment is that there is no point in going round in circles speculating about generalities.  You will cause yourself less stress and get more specific answers if you wait until you have specific questions.  If you still don’t understand then, and I think I speak for everyone here, you are more than welcome to ask for clarification.

Message 44 of 95

@outlaw123 you are missing the point. The problem is that @Jane2018 takes any and every opportunity to post the same broken record on every thread she can. Her glass isn't half empty, it just has a few drops left in the bottom and it is getting tedious.

Message 45 of 95

@outlaw123 wrote:

Please note that there are members of this community that do not have the ability that you do. Not everyone is tech savvy and have genuine problems with tech talk etc. Please try to realise this. By the way BT did not send me any details of the new DV system until a letter telling me that it would go live within a few weeks. Therefore I got quite nervous about the change. Also they said to get in touch with them regarding no mobile reception which I did. BT then told me it " wasnt their problem and to get in touch with my provider" . So despite BT saying they would make the change easy they then made my initial nervousness worse. 

What on earth is "tech savy" about removing your landline phone cable from the telephone socket and plugging it into the rear of the BT Smarthub!

Message 46 of 95

It is old BT style to criticise the "Subscribers" but it is not appreciated by us customers. Why hasn't BT published the user interface to the IMS PSTN emulation in an online PDF showing how to set up all the  current PSTN features. Why do we just get bullying and hectoring but no help. There is no indication that I have seen about what any IMS management robot will look like for end customers and you cannot see what the Hub interface is before you either have one or PSTN management is enabled on the hub over TR69. BT need to get their act together the Telephony product is BT and not Openreach so it is clear where the fault lies.

Oh, by the way, I still cannot find the REN rating of the PSTN socket on the Hub, and there is no indication anywhere that the delivery of CLI is analogue according to the still valid SIN 227. The new BT handsets may work but may find the old DECT handset do not show CLI. The lack of information is appalling.

Message 47 of 95

This is just customer to customer help and not BT as such.

I browse all of the ISP forums under different names and, trust me, there is far more help and intelligent comment here than on most.

I suspect they’ve not published a detailed document as 99% of people would not know what to do with it.  Even I had to look up what IMS was in this context.  (I was originally a chemist…IMS is industrial methylated spirit where I come from).  Similarly, most people would not know what TR069 was.  Your own background does not appear to be that of a complete beginner?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 95

Please no more sarcastic comments.
0 Ratings
Message 49 of 95

Just Google some questions and the probability is that you'll find the answers.  What do you expect?  A manual the thickness of the Phone Book covering every possible scenario?

BT advises that up to 5 phones can be registered to the Hub but a Digital Voice Adapter (if fitted) will use up one registration.

My older DECT phones all display CLI on my DV line without any problem at all.

RIC9380

Message 50 of 95

Thank you RIC9390 for the first helpful response for a long time. That might means that the SIN 227 interface is replicated on the Hub analogue point. EDIT It is replicated only if the old phones are paired with their original base station so that the CLI is derived from the analogue port. If the old handsets were paired with the Digital Voice base station in the Hub it gives us no more information about the analogue port. [Sorry for the error in the original version of the replay , I was too rushed]

It does not give an answer to the REN question which depends on the power in the analogue ringing circuit emitted by the hub. 

The number of phone registration limited to 5 is the number of DECT phones that may be connected to the DECT radio interface of the Hub. Since the digital Voice adaptor is connected to the hub using DECT, it takes one of the five registration capacity if fitted. DECT phones generate ringing inside the handset and hence to not count against the REN count supported by the Hub, whatever that is. One needs to know this number if you intend to connect old analogue handsets to your old house wiring after changeover using the hub as the replacement network. To achieve this you also need to remove the NTE faceplate to disconnect the line from any remaining potentials on the  BT external wiring.

0 Ratings