cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 95

Re: Digital Voice.

What I expect is that the compliance to the PSTN SIN is clearly given by a new SIN to answer these questions so that people on this site and ones like it can actually give real advice that goes well beyond plug it in and hope the one case that BT have catered for will suit you. There are decades worth of wiring and equipment set ups out there and the information from BT is wholly inadequate. Yes, I expect a lot more effort. When the actual PSTN went in there was much more effort went in that this lot can be bothered to provide.

Message 52 of 95

@outlaw123 which sarcastic comments are you referring to? Haven't noticed any sarcastic comments.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 95

Doesn't SIN 227 relate to CLI  settings and issues back in something like 2010?  Things have surely moved on since then with the introduction of Digital Voice and BT's effort to make it more or less backward compatible with most older DECT phone systems.

On my BT Digital Voice line I've got 2 x DV Advanced Phones and also an old-ish 3 station Gigaset DECT system.  Caller Display works fine on all handsets and they all ring together which is all I need.  If I had more handsets and there was a problem then I'd simply remove one or more from the system.

At no time was it necessary to remove the faceplate of the NTE to do anything.

RIC9380

Message 54 of 95

The point is that old equipment like your Gigaset have not changed and millions of people still use use them. The question with your Gigaset  is whether it has a analogue BT telephone cable plugged into the the hub. That would show that the SIN 227 interface, which uses an 1200 baud modem interface, has been implemented. That would allow people who have their DECT base station a long way away from the Hub to continue working on the old wiring.

You could re-register you old Gigaset handsets by pairing them with the Hub which would mean that the CLI received using a different signalling system is transferred only over the DECT radio interface. In that case the old Gigaset base station would just be acting as a power supply for one of the old handsets and now error would be apparent. So what did you do to set it up.

Removing the face plate is for safety, I would do it because of what could happen.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 95

I have 2 DV handsets and 2 Panasonic DECT handsets and an analogue corded phone. The Panasonic base station is plugged into one extension socket and the analogue phone into another. The hub green socket is connected to the faceplate of the master socket with a double ended lead. All ring just fine and the 4 cordless handsets display CLI correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 95

Thanks, so the analogue port is generating CLI delivery over the old 1200 baud modem interface. Your set up is what I will do in the end. However I will also disconnect the exchange side copper at the NTE for future safety. I have no connection to the master socket faceplate so it can just come out.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 95

I'm still on FTTC so have simply unplugged the faceplate of the master socket. DSL connects to the test socket, voice to the faceplate. Not elegant but it's behind a desk so doesn't really matter.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 95

Yes that works, no need for the filter in that arrangement. I have GPON with the ONU upstairs and an NTE5C downstairs in the hall. A phone extension a few feet from the Hub and a double plug cable to reuse the existing extension wiring. It looks ugly if you take the faceplate out as you say but I have another face plate inside which I will disconnect the link to the test socket from the front plate socket, hence electrically the same as what you have done but without the gap in the NTE5. The Faceplate to be modified is not BT supplied so all above board.  

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 95

I have a very similar arrangement to Licquorice, with three Panasonic cordless handsets & an old corded.  I can also confirm that it works after DV just as it did before, including the CLI.  Fortunately, when I put the extension wiring in 10 years ago I did it as a plug into the NTE, so it was just a matter of moving the plug across to the SH2 but everything continues to work just as it did before.

Message 60 of 95

The " Just pull one cable out and plug another one in". This contributor has no idea of my circumstances and the difficulty that I have had in changeing the system.