cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Digital phone interface with mobile phones

Many thanks , it’s very simple; I’m paying for a service which is not working . 
Please try and keep your replies short and to the point.

happy new year

Steve B

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Short and to the point version, your relatives are paying for a service  that isn’t working

Message 13 of 26

Many thank for your reply. 

I appreciate your comment and
totally agree with you . Reversing the situation is ok but it does not solve the problem. 

If there are only 4 main providers do I just expect that as well as my family many other people are unable to connect to my land line  ?

The BT staff that I have dealt with have all tried to help resolve this problem. They were extremely pleasant to deal with.

Steve B 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

But you have made your mind up that the fault lies with BT, when in reality that is unproven. BT cannot be expected to resolve the problem if it lies with Sky. Are your contacts being as vociferous with Sky?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Hi , once again many thanks for your comments.

Steve B

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Seems like the next step would be to find someone with both Sky mobile & DV who can successfully call their own DV. Then ask them nicely by PM if they would be willing to call yours to see if it gets through. That should tell you whether it's a Sky or BT issue. Maybe if you asked extra nicely, they might be willing allow you contacts to call them to double-check?

As for DV phones interfering with mobile signal, that would be easy enough to prove by simply powering them off & see if the issue goes away.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 26

@LXXV  Sorry to hear you are having problems. This reminds me of a similar problem with 5G interfering with some people's Freeview televisions - the solution being the use of a special filter that plugs into the back of the T.V. But I realise that won't be of much use to you.

All you can do for now is switch off your DV phone, completely unplug it, so you are able to make mobile phone calls adaquately without interference. Then switch it back on again after you've made your mobile phone calls with Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Many thanks for reply and information 

steve b

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Many thanks Panda 55. 
I didn’t know 5G interfered with free view. 

steve b

Message 20 of 26

@rbz5416 wrote:

Seems like the next step would be to find someone with both Sky mobile & DV who can successfully call their own DV. Then ask them nicely by PM if they would be willing to call yours to see if it gets through. That should tell you whether it's a Sky or BT issue. Maybe if you asked extra nicely, they might be willing allow you contacts to call them to double-check?

As for DV phones interfering with mobile signal, that would be easy enough to prove by simply powering them off & see if the issue goes away.

as I already posted I have DV and use SKY mobile and have no problems with calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings