cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital voice and stopping witheld nuisance calls on my landline

We are about to have BT digital voice set up in our home - replacing the old bt system.

my question is this.  Does the BT digital voice stop nuisance calls on your landline phone where the caller has witheld their number on my landline?  At the moment,we have BT protect on our landline phone,and it has worked well - BUT because this nuisance caller with holds  their number,I cannot do anything about stopping them ringing me because BT protect needs their phone number to stop them ringing us on my landline.  Will the digital voice system be able to stop these type of landline nuisance calls?  I was advised when talking to BT before updating onto digital voice to get a call blocker.  It is no use me buying one if I don’t need it after the BT digital voice has one already with the new package!  Anybody had this problem,or knows about it more? Thanks.  

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital voice and stopping witheld nuisance calls on my landline

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Already looked up your page about Digital voice,and it doesn’t say anything about nuisance calls that with hold their number on my landline when they ring through to us. Does Digital Voice system stop this type of nuisance calls as well…. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I think it relies on BT Call Protect.

If you have an existing phone  that does what you want, then you can continue using that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thank you for yr reply. Once the Digital voice is put in our home,I believe the old BT Protect on my landline will be taken off my landline and replaced by something within the BT digital voice. If this is the case you wonder if it will stop these type of nuisance calls or not….By the sounds of things from what you have said,it will not.. Thanks again for your input anyhows….
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I believe you get the same Call Protect service as now. You can block all withheld numbers but obviously but an individual one. But if you believe this be be an individual making malicious calls I think you can report it to the police. They can then trace the number despite it being withheld. Whether they have the resources these days is another matter.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thank you for yr reply. I know that the number ringing me is probably a call centre,but that is all I know. Why I know is you hear people talking in the background as I listen in when I pick up my receiver on my landline phone. I cannot get hold of their number via 1471 unfortunately,and this is the nub of my question…..will the new digital voice stop this type of nuisance calls on my landline as without the number,it sounds as if I cannot do anything about it..
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I see, I thought you meant it was an individual.

Are you registered with TPS? Although that won't help if the calls are originating from overseas.

https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Yes I am registered with Tps!  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

As far as I'm aware. there is no difference in how Digital Voice behaves to how your analogue phone behaved previously. with respect to nuisance call handling. I.e, it doesn't have call screening/blocking features.

0 Ratings