Re: Digital voice line, constant engaged tone

Go to solution

That's excellent, thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

That is useful to know although as I pay for "call minder" if and when I get digital voice it sounds like that continues but without paying for it. I wonder what the chances are my bill will go down as call minder has in effect been incorporated into the service everyone has?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@Jane2018 

I would go to MYBT and manage your package and then phone and cancel call minder as I doubt BT will

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Just to say thanks to all those involved in this thread. Today was my switchover day and I wasn't aware of 1571 being enabled by default. Wondered why my BT DECT phone would show the number that had called but no message. I was testing this myself by ringing it from a mobile.

Also wondered about the 'pulsed' dial tone and what that meant. Now I know.

Setting 1571 options to max ring time means the BT phone now gets in there first so all good.

There will be many who struggle with all this by not realising that 1571 will probably take priority over any answering machine or phone with that facility that they already have.

So thanks all 🙂

Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

This is happening to me. How do I listen to my voicemail please? So frustrating 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Have you tried 1571?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Yes, as my tone is continually engaged nothing happens.  It’s driving me crazy

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Would it also mean I can’t dial out please?

0 Ratings