cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Do BT Still Supply a Free Phone?

Go to solution

@NeilO 

You're welcome , it didn't really bother me but there are a fair few trading standards warriors out there.

P.S. I've bought the Alexa version of the BT phone.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

When I signed my contract I got free phones, one of mine has just packed up, and C)S are sending me another free phone also I have to send old one back as told o don't own kit I only tent it off them as you get charged if you do not return your kit, so if you renting it so if you were like myself signed contract when it first gave you free handsets by consumer law if it breaks they have to replace it FOC as you don't own it you really only renting

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

You do not have to send the old phone back.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

Yes you do I have ato send mine back and received new one

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

How much rental do you pay for your BT supplied DV phone ? , the answer is you pay nothing , it isn’t a rented device , it was supplied for ‘free’ , if it fails within the guarantee period you are ‘entitled’ to a replacement or repair , it will be interesting in a year or two when theses devices are beyond any guarantee or expectation  of  then being still within their working life , will BT  continue to replace them , any return of BT equipment ( if they ask for it to be returned ) is because of the terms the ‘free’ device was supplied under ( stop being a customer , return the device) , and for BT to comply with recycling commitments.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

In reply to your answer, the phones are on loan, while on loan if you break them you are liable for repair BUT under consumer act 2015 if the item goes faulty and it is not down to you then the company/person who loaned you the item are liable for repair,, that clarifies that up,,

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

Unlike other BT equipment, the phones are NOT on loan and do NOT need to be returned.

See message 2  from a BT Mod.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/What-equipment-do-I-return/m-p/2280959

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

BT's well publicised policy is that ALL equipment is supplied on loan only and should be returned . also Wherever possible, all returned equipment is then refurbished and reissued in an attempt to prevent it from going to landfill.;

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

Advanced digital phone is locked to BT only

Redders01_0-1701946839794.png

BT community

21 Jun 2023  Re: Advanced digital phone is locked to BT only ? BT's well publicised policy is that ALL equipment is supplied on loan only and should be ...
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

So what you are saying then is BT are doing double standards, where it states all BT equipment is on loan and must be returned, so a DV phone that has BT printed on it, supplied by BT is not BT equipment????? 

0 Ratings