cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Do BT Still Supply a Free Phone?

Go to solution

What on earth has having BT printed on it got to do with anything?  Equipment bought from a BT shop has BT printed on it but it is not on loan.

The handsets were issued free, not on loan, and are not required to be returned.

Do you think you are better informed than the BT mods?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

@Redders01 

I think you are being asked to return your phone as it is broken and BT are issuing a replacement which is not the same as customers leaving and not required to return the phones which were issued free when they got DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

I have been informed from BT to RETURN MY HANDSET OK stop being snotty, your attitude and way you speak to people is bad, seems like anger issues,,

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

Thank you and well said, i do agree with you that is probably why, i just got annoyed when someone is telling me i don't have to return it when BT have said i have to and your explanation seems spot on to me,, thank you again,

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

You have been continuously asserting that the reason DV handsets are required to be returned is because they are on loan from BT, that us not the case.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

@Redders01wrote:

So what you are saying then is BT are doing double standards, where it states all BT equipment is on loan and must be returned, so a DV phone that has BT printed on it, supplied by BT is not BT equipment????? 

Hi @Redders01   So you are saying that if BT supplied a phone, which has the BT logo on it, like the many phones available from the BT shop, they always belongs to BT. It doesn’t matter if it is provided free or payed for. Of course not.

Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

@DavidM  @NeilO 

With reference to messages 8 and 10:

Digital Voice | Digital Home Phone | BT still states

Digital Voice equipment 

When you switch to a digital phone line you can still use your current home phone by plugging it into the back of your hub. If you need an adaptor, you can order one for free. Or, to get the benefits of HD calling, you could choose one of these discounted Digital Home Phones:

• Essential Digital Home Phone
  • Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built in

Learn more about Digital Home Phones >

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

i was not given that option, they supplied 2 DV phones free with order and said old phones were no good

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Which just goes to show the level of expertise of the agents.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

haha is that right, is that why when DV was set up at out house, it took 5 months to get old number ported over, was miss sold items in package, selling agent lied to us and bt refused to listen to recorded agent and after being passed from pilar to post by 4 CS agents it took 3 moderators a month to get things sorted out, so keep your big headed attitute where it should be, it also took a CEO to apologize so the expertise that you rabbit on about is not all it is cracked up to be. 

0 Ratings