cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: Eero 5 BT Hub and Digital Voice!

Many thanks, I had this previously - are the TP links likely to be better? Fonowt WiFi Booster ?

To be honest the house is fine for us, netflix occassionally slows down but it's mainly for my son in the one bedroom, I assume I just purchase additional plus if I need them
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

Wi-Fi boosters are a waste of money, but you should be able to add an additional TP Link PLA, which has wireless, as they all work to the same standard.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

So as well as using what you've suggested I could add a wireless PLA which would also help to boost signal?
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

All is explained in the link I posted. Click on 'what is powerline' on the webpage.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

If there's more than one consumer unit, powerline adapters may not work. So the garage might have a lot to do with things if there's interesting electrics. But your main point is not correct as virtually everyone has a single feed to the house - it's what happens after the main CU that is important.

I have a hybrid with Eero covering the main mesh network for the house, but have a wired backhaul, with one Eero attached to a powerline adapter for one room, on the same consumer unit. Generally Eero mesh is fantastic though. But you cannot fight against physics - thick walls are thick walls.

0 Ratings