cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Elderly, disabled person without a phone for 10 day!?

My aunt Had internet installed on 22 July and phone line didn’t work. BT said it take 2-3 hours. When it didn’t work on 24 July spent BT at length and they said I needed a BT phone. Received on 26 July and phone line doesn’t work as phone said no connection. Internet is working. BT said need a visit but can’t do u til 31 July. This is for my 86 aunt who is disabled and lives alone. They won’t escalate it for a quicker engineer visit. REALLY????? Had an email on 22nd stating bil needs to be paid but can’t move quickly or care! Need urgent assistance and no one at BT cares 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Elderly, disabled person without a phone for 10 day!?

have you connected the phone to the green socket on the back of the BT router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

Does her phone number appear on the management page of the Smart Hub 2?

If the number does appear, has she plugged her phone into the back of the Smart Hub 2 instead of the wall socket?

If the Smart Hub says “Not configured” then BT will have to organise a fix.  Note, the Smart Hub 2 needs a reboot after digital voice has been activated, so that it can pick up the new settings.  Without a reboot it just continues to say not configured.

Edit: Typing at the same time as imjolly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Yes done everything that BT has told me to do on two lengthy phone calls 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

The system was set up by a BT engineer. The BT phone is not plugged into the hub as the BT phone (supplied by BT) only has a charging cable and no outlet for another cable to connect to the hub. BT today said that they phone they supplied does not need to be connected to the hub 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help but doubt can do much over the weekend.  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

I’ll tell her not to be ill or fall or need any help over the weekend. But not every 86 year old disabled person can comply with BT lack of care. 

love that BT post on the site a number to call for vulnerable people and not is just regular people who don’t help. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

@cseifert2 wrote:

The system was set up by a BT engineer. The BT phone is not plugged into the hub as the BT phone (supplied by BT) only has a charging cable and no outlet for another cable to connect to the hub. BT today said that they phone they supplied does not need to be connected to the hub 

the phone needs to be paired to the SH2 base as it is cordless.  if you go to hub manager  192.168.1.254 into your browser then you should be able to check DV active and also pair phone to hub

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

is your Aunt registered here?  https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Not sure what you are telling me. Can you explain in plain language. How do I do that, on the hub or the phone? I did a video call with BT and no one suggested that

0 Ratings