cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 41

Re: Emergency power question

An awful lot of what we call "progress" tends to have a "three steps forward one step back" about it - it probably always will. I do admit the CSP at knee level has always bothered me, though I fully understand why it is. 

Message 12 of 41

I have absolutely no idea why everyone thinks that a fibre cable at ground level is more vulnerable than a copper cable at ground level.

Message 13 of 41

My copper cable is at roof hight  and comes in via the middle floor of the house, about 14ft off the ground, my fibre comes from the same pole, goes right down the front of the house to the CSP level and then back up to the same level the copper comes in at. Same for all houses on the street. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 41

Yes I do understand also its for the health and safety for the service staff by not using a ladder but the safety of your customers needs to be the priority just design a better housing so it can not be easy to cut 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 41

@Blazertx 

You do realise that there are no BT employees on this forum, apart from the moderators?

Perhaps you should be writing to BT about your issues?

Message 16 of 41

Licqorice

If you go out to multi house holds you will see how the in installation gets done it's not the cable factor 

But you are correct in some houses copper does come in at ground level but is installed better in a better protected housing normally a white hard case box not easy to get at to cut the wire without a bit of noise and sometimes comes in with the house power cable so was not that easy to tell what cable was what

As expert stated they run the fibre down the wall to knee hight in a small soft plastic box easyer to snip the cable and easyer to gain access to the box without much effort then it goes back up to the same level before entering the house it even states its openreach in big lettering on the front of the box incase you get a stupid burgerlar 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 41

Worth pointing out it's not just a BT "issue", all providers will be in the same boat once "switchover" takes place.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 41

Keith

I have raised issues to both BT and openreach 

I am also highlighting issues for other customers So there are aware of the issues and have a chance to sort to them selfs or what to ask bt and openreach to do for them 

Or in the case of there alarms not to tie in to the the digital as its more vulnerable peaple just don't have the money to pay in this current climate 

Or upgrading alarm systems if they did it them selfs its not hard to install an alarm system yourself 

I am keeping us safe 

All information is good information 

In terms of disaster management  and your mobile gets damaged or is unusable if you know how to use a lan or analogue line from anywhere not just in a house it can save your life trust me I have experience with this it has saved 3 of my clients that have used it one used it abroad that might not count but still used a lan analogue line to get help and helped them get rescued 

We are so invested in technology  we forget or overlook if it goes down what's your back up plan how do you still communicate get help everyone needs a plan b to still carry on and easy to switch over to 

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 41

@Blazertx

Made my day reading your posts. Also, what's a lan phone? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 20 of 41

More to the point, if this thing is so useful, point us to a web article explaining how to do it so we all know.

0 Ratings