cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 41

Re: Emergency power question

@SRB  plenty of posts and answers on the forum. Just search for UPS. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 32 of 41

Yes, there are, but those are standard UPS units, my own is designed for a server stack, which is fine given it keeps more than the Hub and ONT going, but I've yet to find one easy to install unit specifically designed to power a Hub and ONT  in a domestic setting. Just thinking out loud really. 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 41

Personally, I had my eye on one of these, but the 850 may be better value.  Not looked at the discharge curve on the 850, however.

"APC BACK-UPS ES - BE650G2-UK - Uninterruptible Power Supply 650VA (8 Outlets, Surge Protected, 1 USB Charging Port)"

Message 34 of 41

@SRBwrote:

people in areas of frequent power outages ?

Maybe you could ask the power companies what they're doing to improve their network too in these areas

Message 35 of 41

One of the joys of living on a sea exposed Peninsula, it's a 1000 times better than it used to be!

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 41

If your power supply is so bad and is always going off the first thing to do is keep complaining to your power company.

If the most important thing in your life when the power goes off is your Internet connection then a UPS would be a good start but if you want power for longer and for more devices you could consider a Suitcase Generator or small generator which will supply more power and last longer than any UPS.

Message 37 of 41

@SRBwrote:

One of the joys of living on a sea exposed Peninsula, it's a 1000 times better than it used to be!

Not exactly BT's fault then but you seem to only be having a go at them

Message 38 of 41

Iniltous 

I do agree with some of the points raised but it's  the way its done in a rush 

The it will never happen or its uninterrupted with out a plan b Is the fantasy not me just stating the obvious

it will go down and its a guess as to when how long and the frequency again stating the obvious 

There was a ship that was advertised as unsinkable so bold claims again untill it happens 

And as you stated putting the most of it back to the customer or provider to put back to the customer that can not afford it is simply appalling or has no choice to ether pay for a mobile phone or a battery back 

Battery back up can be from £300 to £11,000 that's every 3 to 5 years as the battery degrades that's not going to burn your house down even battery can explode if they over charged or develope a fault and who comes in to check it make sure its safe and in good order BT or again that's an annual charge on your shrinking budget if you need to do this your self 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 41

We actually do have a generator, thankfully haven't needed to fire it up in a long while, these are mostly short switching breaks from one main line to the other, the UPS is fine for covering them. A house with teenagers in the dark is one thing, a house with teenagers and no internet is quite another 🤣

As I say, just thinking out loud. It's not really an issue for me, but can understand why it would be for older folk where I live. 

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 41

So its your power company that is the problem. Keep complaining and write to your MP.

0 Ratings