cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: Failure of service after change-over from copper

Go to solution

@Gaelred 

1471 is free with DV so not sure why you are getting charged unless you are using that to call back.  the 'out of range' message on your phone is you have to far away from the BT hub no different to normal cordless phone if you move out of range of the base station

changing to DV has absolutely no affect on your home wifi that is controlled by the hub and if you are changing hubs you need to change the wifi on all you devices or change the new hub to have the same SSID as the previous one

are you able to post hub connection stats - hub manager/advanced settings/technical log/information   see what connection you actually have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

All this has been done and by Openreach who stand by with a gadget and tell me everything is fine. They never pick up the phone and try it. As for being too far from the hub, I am standing over it. I used to have a dial up phone with two cordless extensions throughout my house which worked fine. I have had hubs changed, I have had boosters on every phone. The fact remains that I had a phone with 2 cordless extension.  I had a Broadband connection which was a bit slow. I had no problems with emails. How nothing works properly. Even visitors do not understand how this can be so wrong. They can't connect to the WiFi with their phones. ?????

I do ring back 1471 because I am continually cut off from calls and everything on my phone is wiped off so this is the quickest way of making sure I can get in touch again immediately. So I am being conned. 

Thank you for repsonding but I would not be here if anythng worked properly. Vodafone, Talk-Talk, Shell will only connect on the proviso that it won't work any better because of the non-copper line being removed and replaced with somethng that does not work in this area.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

if you are using a phone system that has a base unit with a corded and 2 cordless phones then the base unit must be connected to the master socket but also must be plugged into the electric socket for power for the base unit.  if you have a power cut then base unit will not work and neither will the phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

I cannot do this BT is supposed to do it. I am a writer and artist. I can't get in touch with publishers and galleries. I have no ability to post anything. It is not my job is it? I pay for a system which does not work. Why is not my problem to solve'

I am qualified as a Psychology with a speciality in brain bichemistry and have a degree for my own interest a Joint Honurs in British and European Art and Literature. I don't expect my gallery to pain the pictures or my publishers to spell check my MS. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

For the community to help you with your broadband issue please can you:

• Post router stats from 192.168.1.254

I think you said you are in Scotland, if so your area maybe covered under Scotland R100 to improve and provide full fibre broadband to you see: https://www.scotlandsuperfast.com/

Also see Openreach's where and when map: https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

As for the move to VoIP (Digital Voice services) see https://landlinesgo.digital for information about this industry and nationwide change.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

@Gaelred wrote:

I cannot do this BT is supposed to do it. I am a writer and artist. I can't get in touch with publishers and galleries. I have no ability to post anything. It is not my job is it? I pay for a system which does not work. Why is not my problem to solve'

I am qualified as a Psychology with a speciality in brain bichemistry and have a degree for my own interest a Joint Honurs in British and European Art and Literature. I don't expect my gallery to pain the pictures or my publishers to spell check my MS. 

with all your qualification and being an active 80 yrs old it cannot be to difficult to follow the instructions already posted to obtain your hub connection stats and post them on the forum.  that way customers here can try and help you and failing that see if forum mods can help but need information first

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

@Gaelred wrote:

Wow! I've got a cycling proficiency badge.

Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

@Gaelredwrote:

I do ring back 1471 because I am continually cut off from calls and everything on my phone is wiped off so this is the quickest way of making sure I can get in touch again immediately. So I am being conned. 

At this point I'm out, you're not being conned in any way