cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Hard of hearing customers not provided for in Digital Voice

There is no part of BT that is dealing with the problem of hearing loss customers being transferred on to the Digital Voice operation. These are are large group of customers, who, because of the tech problems of DV, do not have a ready solution to a phone service which has the facility to amplify the hearing signal for people using hearing aids or just hard of hearing. No phone with a volume adjuster or speaker phone or just a volume adjustable speaker that could be added to a phone but worst of all nowhere to go for help. As this is now the future direction of travel,perhaps the Digital voice part of BT could give some thought to the problem please.Please widely publish the solution to both new and existing customers.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Hard of hearing customers not provided for in Digital Voice

the DV advanced phone as ability to the ringer and also change the tone of the call but don't think basic has facility  the advanced phone has speaker capability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Like most phones, pressing the answer button twice put it in handsfree/speaker mode. Considering it's supplied FOC & any existing kit can be plugged into the Hub or a DECT adapter, I'm not sure the OP has much of a case really.

Bluetooth connectivity with hearing aids or other headsets might have been nice though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Press the answer button twice, like most phones makes, it into a speaker phone !!! Is this for real or a joke or something users are supposed to know?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

@billyboy1 

does your green answer button not show a speaker?  did you not get instruction or download instructions for phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Of course the incoming signal can be put on speaker, but if the volume is not loud enough to be clearly heard and there is no facility to adjust the volume and/or clarity which was the point I was trying to make. The provision of the phone free is nothing to do with the fact that the problem exists for the hard of hearing and I am sure they would be happy to pay for a phone system that worked for them if necessary. The provision of a blue tooth connection for hearing aids is quite another discussion.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

can you not just use your existing phones either connected to socket on back of hub or get a DV adapter from BT to be able to place existing phone at another suitable location

Message 9 of 16

Users can continue to use the phones that they already have by either plugging it into the Smarthub or getting a free adaptor from BT to plug into their phone socket.

If they don't already have a phone that helps them hear while on the phone then it can't be a big issue to them.

EDIT: post crossed with above post.

Message 10 of 16

I’m struggling with this, too. My primary motivation is for hard-of-hearing who want to hear crystal-clear voice.

1. Does Digital Voice support the G.722 or G.722.1 or G.722.2 codec?

2. Is it sufficient to use the DV adaptor to achieve this or do I need to buy special phones, or do the BT phones provided when switching achieve this?

I’m aware this is only available when the caller supports this, too. But that will be the case for most businesses, including medical professionals. 

Tags (4)
0 Ratings