cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Hard of hearing customers not provided for in Digital Voice

I think digital voice uses G.722 for HD calls, the DV adaptor lets you connect any phone to the hub - adaptor makes wireless connection to hub

Message 12 of 16

Wireless being DECT rather than WiFi

Message 13 of 16

@old_gardener 

The DV adapter connects to the SH2 using Dect NOT WiFi -. This has been covered numerous times on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 16

Many thanks @old_gardener , @imjolly and @licquorice , that really helps.

So, I guess the decoding is done by the handset, is that correct?

In which case I guess not all phones can handle that. So I still need to know what to look out for when buying a handset, since none that I've found (not even the BT phones) mention whether or not they support G.722.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

A quick Google search shows that handsets supporting G.722 are out there but so far I've only found top end business ones which ain't cheap.

RIC9380
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

@alanrick 

If you are using the DV ADAPTER then it is the adapter that connects to the hub by dect and an existing style phone connects to the adapter.  That way you can continue to use your existing setup 

Only if you want to pair your old dect handset to the SH2 does the dect version matter and from other posts many have paired their existing dect phones just you may not get all the phone facilities

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.