cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How do I escalate my complaint beyond customer service operators

Go to solution

@PaddyB I have just seen a thread from March 14th where @makula1 was assisted and resolved their issue of escalating their complaint with a contact name of an executive complaints manager.

I have been a customer for over 25 years and diligently (or not now!) went to renew my contract a few days (10th June) before my contract period ended (13th June) 1 hour on the phone, was told I needed to go over to Digital voice and BT would send various upgrades. The email order came through as was missing some of the kit upgrades, called back and asked for it to be added to the order, next call handler said it hadn't been done right, place another order and call you back. Order didn't progress, call back again, 3rd caller said you can't place broadband/phone order in same 24 hours - I will cancel both and call you back later in the week.. no call back.

13th June broadband stops working, call BT - they will send out Openreach engineer out - his verdict they have turned off your broadband:( Various more calls to BT, one failed appointment to reconnect on 21st June, set for 4th July. Phone in the meantime on the copper line still working.  I was told by another advisor we can set you up a new BT account it will be quicker for your broadband to be back on - 14 days is the standard!

I was connected back to broadband yesterday and new digital voice for - I now found out by email I have a new telephone number that I didn't ask or was advised at any point about - TOTAL NIGHTMARE.. we both use the line for work calls as we are self employed, my husband relies on this landline as a lot of our customers prefer it. Its peak season, he is a gardener - BT have now just informed me they can't reconnect me to 'digital' voice on a renumber to my old number until 16th July - and no amount of speaking to the 'off line team' in Stoke that my case has now been put with will hurry that up. But if it was a business line, I got the impression that would work rapidly in comparison.

I urgently want to escalate this complaint to speed up the 're-number' .

I have spent 10 hours on the phone to BT, 2 lost days of work and 3 hours dealing with 3 different Openreach engineers. I have an open complaint with BT but just don't know what to do next:(

ANY HELP GREATFULLY RECEIVED! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I escalate my complaint beyond customer service operators

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you, I will wait for a moderator and other members to assist:)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@jc25bill 

As a residential user you should not be using it for business, as its not permitted in the residential T&Cs, so I doubt very much you would be able to get your number back, but you may be lucky.

It may be worth asking BT Business if they could import your number, if you change your account to a business one. BT Business use a Cloud based phone system, which makes it easier for businesses to keep their number, especially if they move.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your help @Keith_Beddoe BT has confirmed they will be able to re-number my old number but my main concern is the time involved. As a residential customer I still don't expect to wait that amount of time (same issue with the broadband - 3 weeks), my number is used for other people to communicate with me, such as doctors, schools etc so its an important form of comms:)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@jc25bill 

In that case, you will have to wait. The data for your old number would still exist within the old PSTN network, so its going to take some time to re-build it onto to the DV platform, and the back office teams are likely to be very busy, and dealing with higher priority stuff first.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks Keith, after them cutting me off with my broadband, it's feeling like a very long few months of BT causes me undue stress that wasn't my fault, let's hope there is an end in sight!
0 Ratings