cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: How do I escalate my complaint beyond customer service operators

Hi I am suffering a similar experience with my 87 year old widowed mum's landline. I'm wondering if you can help guide me to an email address or something I can use. I have all the info written down but am getting nowhere with telephone calls. I haven't used this community before so apologies if I am doing the wrong thing, but the situation is causing my mum so much stress and anxiety as she has lost her ability to communicate with the world, so I am desperate to try and solve it. Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @vfletcher12 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your mums landline. Can you give a few details on what the issue is and we'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you David. It started with a broadband/landline renewal in May when the first error was made and BT cancelled her landline. It has supposedly been rectified multiple times after multiple telephone calls and online chats but she has now had no landline for over two weeks. No one seems to be able to tell me what to do to sort it and every time i ring i speak to a different person and the whole thing starts again. The situation currently is her landline has disappeared completely from her list of products and she is unable to make or receive calls.  I am loathe to try anther phone call as I am getting nowhere so have now written it all down and just want to email someone who might be able to sort it out. Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for getting back @vfletcher12 

I'll be happy to take a look at this and check if there is anything we can do to help. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

Message 5 of 6

@vfletcher12 

Just in case you cannot find it, you will find the message from David here https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/v1_1/privatenotespage/tab/inbox

On renewal, her physical copper phone connection would have been removed, as its no longer possible to have them any more. All phone connections are now made using BT Digital Voice, which would mean her phone would need to be plugged into the socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, or a BT Digital Voice Adapter.

I expect that this may not have been made clear when the contract was renewed. This unfortunately is a common occurrence.

Leave it to @DavidM  to see where its gone wrong, and hopefully sort it out.

Message 6 of 6

Thank you that is much appreciated

0 Ratings