cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How do we maintain a phone line for our phone

Unknown to me we were moved over to digital voice.  This is no use as the Internet is not always working and EE signal is very poor.  So since Saturday (now Tuesday) unknown to us we have not had a telephone!  Both our Mothers are on emergency bracelets and this relys on a phone call to go and help them.  What can we do to rectify this situation.  I have heard about the power pack which we have but it has just lead to the Hub failing so not a reliable system.  How do I get a working phone line? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do we maintain a phone line for our phone

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

you must have been advised you were being moved to digital voice as this does not happen without notice.  which broadband do you have FTTC - fibre to street cab and copper line to home or FTTP fibre straight to your home and you have something like this

ont-pon.jpg

if you have been moved to DV then no going back to old style copper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

BT have a Digital Voice handset which switches to the EE mobile network if the broadband signal was to fail (power cut or BB fault etc), I don't know how much it costs off the top of my head, get in touch and see what they can offer.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The mobile network EE is not the best in our area so can't be relied on.  We did have a power pack but it's failure led to us losing our Internet for four days.  Hopefully BT will replace this but I believe we have to buy a replacement!  So reliance on the full fibre which we have is still but us at risk. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I must have missed the information and certainly did not notice the change in the bill that we were not having a land-line anymore.  We are full fibre as mobile signal is poor and to use phones we have to use the WiFi boost to use them!  All mobiles are EE luckily.

So still without a phone system that I pay for! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Ttebroc 

By you didn't notice in your bill that you do not have a landline do you mean a reduction for line rental?  This is a total misconception and there numerous posts about this.  You need to have a line whether that is copper or fibre for your broadband to work and for years now that is included in your broadband package. You then decide if you want to make/receive calls on home phone then you need a call package which is either PAYG, 700minutes or unlimited 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Have you plugged your phone into the green socket at the rear of the BT hub rather than your master socket.

0 Ratings