cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 57

Re: How to prevent malicious fault report and call divert

Go to solution

I’m at my wits end with this.  The contact name is me. The landline number is my land line.  So how is someone able to do this to my account?  These emails are coming to me, so I’m NOT the hacker.  I’m desperate for an answer, but all I’ve been told is that this has been reported as a “a Data Protection Breach internally”, but reported to who?. How do I contact them?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 57

Go to solution

Are you still in contact with the mods?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 57

Go to solution

Yes. It’s the MODs that said that this had been reported as a data protection breach and gave me the complaint reference number to track.

I just want answers as to how this attack against me was perpetrated, and appears to be continuing.

EDIT: The complaint now states “Call scheduled for 24 Jan 2024”, but I worry that BT are yet again going to phone the hacker’s mobile number instead of my landline number.

EDIT: So an advisor worked on this about an hour ago. This is really looking like an internal hacker who is changing my recovery details without my authorisation.

IMG_5971.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 57

Go to solution

I've flagged the thread to the mods just in case.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 57

Go to solution

If 2 people can provide BT with exactly the same data and credentials, it is going to be extremely difficult for them to know which is genuine and which isn't.

Message 26 of 57

Go to solution

Isn’t that the whole point of two-factor authentication?  Alternatively, surely the landline number which is physically linked to my home would be a safer contact number to use rather than the hackers mobile number?  Even the MODs tried contacting me on the hackers mobile number!

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 57

Go to solution

It is hard to guess if it is a criminal BT member of staff doing it or someone who got details off the dark web (loads of my details are out there from countless earlier hacks of other companies sadly) or (what most companies try to force customers to accept) a close family member which then means the company can wash their hands of it.

It would be worth your putting in today to BT a subject access request under  UK GDPR/DPA 2018 for all the details BT holds relating to you/your account which may include more information than you have been given by BT so far. BT also needs to ensure it routes this up from standard people handling it to  people higher up to the chain who are alert to the fact the hacker is involved and has had communications from BT.

It may also be worth you changing your passwords for all bank accounts/online banking in case you are not so lucky next time - this time halifax noticed something looked fishy - not all banks would.

(You can see why I keep paper files - no hacking possible....)

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 57

Go to solution

Hi @tarbat,

I can see that @DavidM picked up your case and has reported this to BT Security. If you reply to one of the Private Messages David sent you he'll be able to chase an update with the BT Security Team.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 29 of 57

Go to solution

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi @tarbat,

I can see that @DavidM picked up your case and has reported this to BT Security. If you reply to one of the Private Messages David sent you he'll be able to chase an update with the BT Security Team.

Yes, I did that a couple of hours ago (at 13:22 to be precise), and now my account appears to be under attack again, with my recovery details being updated without my authorisation.  Is he the hacker?

1.jpg

EDIT: I've also tried phoning 150, but I just get cut-off when I can't answer any of the options presented. What OPTION do I select when phoning 150 to get through to the fraud team?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 57

Go to solution

I strongly suggest you don't try to contact anyone except the mods as it will just cause confusion. The mods are the best team to resolve this.

0 Ratings