cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

The quality of Rechargeable Batteries is as broad, as it's long.
I've a Duracell AA/AAA Charger, I use Duracell Rechargeables.
When firing up a new 'batteries included' item. I change the batteries for a fully charged set, from the off. Charging the supplied set, at my leisure. I keep the cheap batteries for utilitarian household items; changing all the batteries just before Christmas; so, they at least get changed, once a year. Works for me.
EDHP200.png

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Re the original posters comment 'by the time I get to the handset'.... its very easy to change the number of rings until the voicemail answers from the default of 7 rings (21 seconds) to the longest you can make it, 10 rings or 30 seconds and that should help to reduce the need to rush to get to the phone before voicemail kicks in and takes over.

One of the things I do is to turn off the DV handsets and then switch them on again (perhaps every few weeks) using the red power/hang up button. I also reboot my Smart Hub 2 allowing it to stay powered off for 2 mins before switching it back on but not at the same time as I reboot the handsets. To turn the handsets off, hold the red hang up/power button down until the power symbol appears on the phones screen (a circle with a vertical line going through the top) and as soon as that appears, release the button and the handset should power off. You can check its powered off by pressing any number button - the screen should stay off. Doing this, combined with making sure I've allowed my handsets to update to the latest software means I only see the synchronising data message when I turn the handsets on.

It's easy to check the handsets have the latest software under menu -> scroll right to -> phone settings -> select -> scroll down to product info -> select -> scroll down to -> update software -> press ok). The back button can then be repeatedly pressed to get out of the menu options. Scroll just means pressing the respective part of the silver ring shaped button that surrounds the ok button to go in that direction on whats shown. Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 34

@FlyingKiwi 

The issue has nothing to do with ring delay & is purely down to duff batteries causing the handset to lose power & try to resync.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 34

I didn't say the problem with 'synchronising data' was due to the rings to answer setting - as I wrote, thats simply in there so people know if they're rushing to get to the phone before voicemail kicks in, that this is adjustable. People may not realise this is configurable unless someone tells them and its very handy for those who aren't as quick on their feet as they once were, to know they can have more time to get to the phone if its needed. Sometimes people don't consider the needs of others may be very different to their own.

My solution to the problem noted is as detailed in the remaining paragraphs (and these ARE solutions - I've currently got both an Alexa and an Essentials phone connected to my Smart Hub 2). As with any complex electronic devices, its a good idea to occasionally turn them off then on again - and as I explained in detail, that doesn't mean unplugging the base stand from the mains as that's only a charger. The same applies for battery care ie take the phones off the cradle and leave them off for a few hours occasionally - to let the batteries discharge somewhat. They don't need to completely discharge and down to one bar on the screen icon would be perfect before returning to the charging cradle. 

In short, better management of battery charge state will help. This isn't an issue cased by 'duff batteries' or restricted just to BTs DV handsets though and my well known brand corded phone with a satellite handset also benefitted from occasionally taking its handset off the charging cradle and giving the batteries a little 'exercise'. If the batteries don't get that exercise by being discharged and recharged occasionally, that will shorten the usable life of the batteries but people have a choice in that. Leaving the handsets sitting on the cradle all the time at full charge is the worst thing for battery life but the batteries themselves don't start out faulty or duff, mismanagement of their charge state leads to that.

0 Ratings