Message 1 of 5

Installation

Hi

We have just moved my 90 year old mother from Devon to Surrey and ordered phone & broadband for her from BT. This was confirmed (by email) for installation on 30/08 ("everything will be up and running by midnight, at the latest").

On the day of installation, BT informed us (without explanation) that the date had been pushed to 8th September. My mother was distraught, as she is totally dependent on her phone (& cannot readily use a mobile). On appeal (90 years old, sight & hearing issues, very vulnerable, no other contact with outside world etc) BT changed the date to 6th September (wow!).

Today BT tell us that in changing from 8th to 6th they inadvertently cancelled the appointment & so the whole booking process has to start again!! Unbelievable. And they seem to care not a jot that the customer is elderly, frail & vulnerable.

Can anybody tell me how I can now get this escalated to someone within BT, who may be able to help. Everybody we have spoken to seems completely powerless...

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installation

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

Does your mother qualify for home essential and or Priority repair

Problem with 30th was openreach and BT were in strike 30/31 august

which package have you ordered FTTC or FTTP - the latter requiring openreach to install fibre to your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t think she qualifies for those things, looking at the order details, and I assume it’s FTTC, given that it’s a retirement home.

I was aware of the strike but that doesn’t really seem to ‘justify’ the ensuing events… IMHO

Thx

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help with the order   they will post here

I would expect many others had appointments on 30/31 August and now having to be re-scheduled hence confusion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Hi @ingvorp,

I am so sorry that we haven't been able to help her fully yet. 

I'd like to help you with this. I have sent you a private message that you can reply back to me on.

Thank you @imjolly for flagging this to me.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings