cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital voice

Go to solution

Does the digital phone physically have to be connected to the smart hub 2 or is it done wirelessly?
What advantages does the Alexa advanced BT phone have over the essential phones aside from the address book being bigger? 
How do I connect an answer phone system? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital voice

Go to solution

DV connect using DECT not wifi

better screen, alexa , help for hard of hearing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

It is a DECT phone which connects to the Smarthub2 without the use of wires.

As regards your question regarding the differences between the phone, if you do an Internet search for BT Digital Phones you will find information and specifications for each phone.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks. So not even the base station for the phone needs to be next to the hub? 
I’ve looked at the differences on,uni and I can’t see much between them. Thought there might be a game changing difference but it appears not if Alexa isn’t needed . 
If I have one of the advanced BT phones can I mix and match with the essential ones? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Burmey wrote:

Thanks. So not even the base station for the phone needs to be next to the hub? 

No, the Hub IS the base station, there is no separate base station.
I’ve looked at the differences on,uni and I can’t see much between them. Thought there might be a game changing difference but it appears not if Alexa isn’t needed . 
If I have one of the advanced BT phones can I mix and match with the essential ones? 

Yes

As explained in the FAQ at the top of the page  https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

yes mix and max

not sure what you mean by 'base station'  the SH2 is the dect base station  the phones only have charging stations.  if you use other old dect phones then their base station needs to be connected to socket on back of hub or use a DV adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.