cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 43

Re: Keeping phone extensions working with Fibre Broadband and Digital Voice

Go to solution

Yes I understand all of that. The master socket was taken away by OpenReach so I don't have one to reconnect. I may have to buy one but that is not the point.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 43

Go to solution

Of course its the point. BT supply the wherewithal to provide a voice service with free supplied handsets. If you wish to do something different, that is your prerogative, exactly as it with analogue phone extensions. Your house wiring is your responsibility, not BT's.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 43

Go to solution

TBH , I don’t see your ‘point’ , if you had chosen Sky in the first place you would be in the same position as you are now , the Openreach tech ( or contractor ) would have don’t the exact same thing on a Sky provide as they did with your BT provide, one difference is that Sky don’t supply a ‘free’ handset or adapter with their telephone service, but irrespective, the FTTP installation would make your copper pair and master socket redundant 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 43

Go to solution

I wonder how much information was given on the order as to the impact of the change in service and what was required to maintain the existing telephony in the property as a consequence of the change that BT will/has made - not to have done so is negligent.....

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 43

Go to solution

Interestingly I have just been on the BT website as I am being encouraged to take out a new contract - I checked the digital voice information and, although it has a Q&A section for what to do if one has extensions there is actually nothing in it at the moment (nor is it clickable) - perhaps BT is working on what to say and the answer/advice will be coming soon......

RodoRod_0-1677699700889.png

In the meantime I hope that you can get your extensions working......

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 43

Go to solution

Not impressed with that reply - my house wiring might be my responsibility but if I am purchasing a new product from a supplier I would expect them to facilitate my keeping my ability to reply to the phone upstairs and in other parts of the house!  I want to change my supplier but this is a big barrier.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 43

Go to solution

@Tula100 wrote:

Not impressed with that reply - my house wiring might be my responsibility but if I am purchasing a new product from a supplier I would expect them to facilitate my keeping my ability to reply to the phone upstairs and in other parts of the house!  I want to change my supplier but this is a big barrier.

If you have cordless phones just plug the master base station in to the phone socket on the Smarthub2 then any cordless slave phones will continue to work as they do now.

Message 28 of 43

Go to solution

@Tula100 wrote:

The green socket at the rear of the hub can  be considered as the replacement for the master socket. No idea why every body makes such a mountain out of a molehill.

Message 29 of 43

Go to solution
Do you know the best type of the extension socket to connect to the internal wiring , there seems so many. I've seen socket 2/3A quoted on some websites ?
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 43

Go to solution

Maybe  I am  being unfair to BT but Vodaphone categorically states my extensions will stop working with a VOIP phone!

0 Ratings