cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Landline Porting issues!

Hi all,

I hope to be able to get help here since phones are proving fruitless.

My family moved back to BT around the new year and we requested that our old landline number be ported, this was unsuccessful as we ended up with a completely brand-new number. After many calls to the porting/connection team (and them not calling back when promised), the issue was resolved, until about 10 days ago we tried our landline again to discover we had been ported to the incorrect number for a second time, the second incorrect number was due to a mistake by one digit when trying to reorder our original number. We thought this order had been cancelled, but again, after repeated phone calls we found while there was a note to cancel the order this had not been actioned for whatever reason. We are now stuck in a loop of trying to contact the porting and connections team and when we do, being promised a call back that never appears.

I have seen extremely similar situations to ours be offered the option of a private message to attempt to get this resolved, if anyone has any other advice or tips I'd be most grateful.

Katie

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Landline Porting issues!

@Katiedwards 

Was your number first issued to you by BT, and are you still living at the same address?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi @Keith_Beddoe yes the number was originally issued by BT and we still live at the same address.

Kindest regards,

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Its possible a moderator may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hi @Keith_Beddoe that is reassuring, thank you! Is there a way to tag one of the mods or is it a wait and see situation?

The situation has caused a lot of stress as I am sure you can imagine.

Kindest regards

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

I have asked a moderator, so you will  have to wait for a reply here.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

I really appreciate that, thank you for asking @Keith_Beddoe it's nice to know the query is passed on in some way.

Have a lovely day and Best wishes

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi @Katiedwards welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see there have been problems getting your number ported over. I can't make any promises but we will try to help you get the number back, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over the details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi all, I am having a similar issue, in that I moved into a rented property and set up with BT landline and broadband. I am unable to receive calls on my landline from BT / EE mobiles nor from Skype for business or divert my work smart number. O2 mobile numbers can dial in just fine and I can dial out to any number. The BT engineer has been here all afternoon and is unable to solve this, he has been given the run around by various BT departments who cannot help him. The line has been tested correctly with no faults and the broadband works well. I suspect the BT number was originally from another provider but as I did not live in the property before I have no idea who the previous provider was. Reading various threads on this, the BT engineer and I suspect it is a porting issue, but are unable to resolve it.

While BT are now on the case can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks Mike

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi Mike,

First of all, I truly sympathise as it took us around two and a half months to get the issue resolved fully!

The best advice I can give is for you to request a private message from one of the mods on the forum, by just replying in the same thread. This then helped me to get the ball rolling on retrieving our number, one of the things that was asked of me was if our landline number was originally a BT number and if yours is not then I am unsure about the next steps, but it is worth a try!

Kindest regards and good luck

Katie 

0 Ratings