cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Landline Porting issues!

@MRGreenland 

Are you actually porting your phone number from a previous address or are you a new customer at your new rented address with just a new connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Hi @imjolly I am an existing BT customer that moved from another address. BT assigned me a new number altogether so ordinarily it wouldn’t be a porting issue. However given that BT landlines, BT and EE mobiles (as well as Skype for business and BT smart numbers) can’t dial in, yet 02 and ‘3’ numbers can dial in. The line has been PQ and FAST tested ok by the BT engineer, so we wondered if there is a porting or transmission issue going on.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@MRGreenland 

If you were not retaining your existing phone number when you moved then it is not a porting issue but something wrong with the line installation/connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

@imjolly Thanks, I’m sure you are right but they can’t find a fault with the line! Even other BT engineers tried calling it from other BT numbers and couldn’t get through to try to help out the engineer here on site. The thinking was whether the previous user of my landline number (presumably somewhere in my exchange area) was a customer with another company or had particular restrictions on the line/number which, when it reverted to BT in order to be issued to me, was incorrectly ported or transferred over. Whatever it is the problem is still present.

0 Ratings