cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Landline not disconnected

Go to solution

I had FTTP and DV installed in January and the old copper line was disconnected - this was a second line that I had installed many years ago for work purposes and it made sense to have the fibre on that line as it is near to all my computer gear.   But I have my original copper line which has never had broadband and I assumed that this would be disconnected too, but it wasn't. I have been getting bills as usual for the fibre line and DV but no mention of the original line, which I've had since 1984.  I contacted BT who said that as far as they were concerned the second line had been ceased but it still works and I'm getting free calls. Am I being dishonest?  It seems that once FTTP is active they assume that all the copper has been disconnected from the house. But what happens if there are two lines, as there were in my case? So I now have a FTTP connection being billed and a free copper line which they deny exists. What should I do? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline not disconnected

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I've asked a passing moderator to get in touch, they are BT employees, they'll get to the bottom of it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Frogmodem and thanks for the post.

I'm sure I can get to the bottom of this. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hello again David. I've sent you my details. Many thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Brilliant result from the forum.  I was telephoned yesterday afternoon by a BT employee who arranged for my legacy copper line to be disconnected..and it's now been done.  Many, many thanks to everyone involved.