cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Landline phone cuts off when answered

Hi Keith, just to clarify also....  Openreach are sent out and test everything and point to the exchange being the problem  so close the call from their perspective but don't seem to be able to get BT to pick up the issue in the exchange.  I have tried explaining this when I open the call again but TBH BT aren't interested. This forum is excellent in honing in on the potential issue but taking ownership is a different matter.  I have my fingers crossed for next call out...  thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

They will need someone in the exchange to move your line onto a different piece of equipment.

I would hope that the Openreach Field Technician that visits, can follow this up in the exchange, as its a simple task to move your line, provided there is some spare working equipment, and someone to make the software changes, although that change may well be automated now.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

It always used to be an Openreach Frames Technician that did the work in the exchange, that was usually the same person that checked the line, but things may have changed.

It a case of moving a wire jumper from one piece of equipment to another, once a new one has been allocated, so it does require someone to do that. Hopefully the moderator can push this out to the correct team to raise an exchange task.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Well, where do I begin.....  Openreach engineer contacted me as arranged on 2nd, said it was at the cabinet and would have it fixed.  No more contact.!  email from BT in the evening saying they are still working on it...

Now an email on 3rd (no other contact) saying "your service should be back to normal" - it is NOT...  it's exactly the same - not able to receive calls.   An amazing lack of contact, customer service or capability to fix the service (which is their core business!)  I really do not know what to do now except cancel my contract with BT. Pitiful.

Thanks to those who commented on here - who clearly know what's going on behind the scenes - appreciate your time and comments but sadly BT do not seem to be in the business or service or customer delivery anymore... 46 years a customer gone!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

@neil121 

I cannot understand why a simple issue cannot be resolved, nobody seems to want to go into the exchanges anymore, perhaps the skill set no longer exists? An equipment change is straightforward, provided a new allocation can be made. I guess BT are no longer allowing this.

Are the moderators still dealing with this?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

A moderator said he would monitor and track etc, but nothing back from him....   I''ve had no contact bar the final email today saying its fixed. I guess case will auto close - again and I have to go around the loop again. Although I won't. Just set myself up a new gmail email address in readiness to exit BT totally...

thanks again for your interest and observations 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 33

Of course its not possible to get a conventional phone line anymore, so your choice is either BT Digital Voice, another providers VOIP service, or a third party VOIP provider.

All require some form of basic broadband connection, even if its only used for the phone service, with no access to the Internet.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

Thanks Keith....  yes TOOB provide fibre to us now so Ill make a call tomorrow and hopefully they can assist - they are awesome.  My concern is we have x2 BT email addresses and have no confidence these will continue even if we pay.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

Thanks for posting back @neil121

I am sorry for the problems you've been having and for the time this has been going on.  @StuartH is managing your case and I'll ask him to follow up with you again this afternoon.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Just as an observation.. This is a ridiculous state of affairs. Given that it’s a repeatable defined fault with usually straightforward ways of dealing with it. And assuming OR have proved it faulty to the exchange side on the frame in the exchange. Why is the fault getting bounced back from BT to OR for what could possibly be a straightforward line card swap? Beats me.

0 Ratings