Message 1 of 10

Landline

Hello , please could somebody help me. I have had fibre to the home installed on 8 July this year.  I have a trio of phones(not digital) brought last year and have an adapter. I get an intermittent dialling tone and can make outgoing calls  and can receive calls from mobile numbers BUT not landline numbers… either saying “this number is not Available or this number not Recognised… I am driving  my family mad, asking them to ring me. I’ve tried plugging into the router, changing position of phones and yet it won’t clear the problem. I’ve reported the fault so many time it’s driving me mad. Any suggestions please?

Many Thanks. Suzi.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Landline

Make sure that your callers are using the full telephone number not just the local area number.

Message 3 of 10

hi,  thank you, yes they’re using std code in front of number. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

try going to hub manager then select your phone number then reset base station.  you will need to pair the adapter again to the SH2 and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 10

Was your number always a BT number , or has there been any number portability on it , moving it between different network providers , often when consumers get incoming calls from some sources but no incoming calls from others , it’s down to the portability process not being done correctly …If it’s always been a BT number and the issue only occurred when you moved to DV ( assuming you are on DV and your phones plug into the router ) , then it may be something to do with that , but it’s less likely as you probably wouldn’t get any incoming calls at all if the BT PSTN to DV change was messed up.

FYI , interrupted dialtone is an alert to tell you the line is on divert , obviously if calls to a  number that is set for immediate divert to elsewhere, the phone on divert won’t ring ( but that wouldn’t explain calls from mobiles getting through) , modulated dialtone ( so two tone dialtone rather than on-off , on-off dialtone ) let’s you know a message has been left on the answer service 

Message 6 of 10

Hi, yes always been a BT number. Thanks for info on 1571 … had 4 messages I didn’t know about 😳

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thank you, eventually logged into hub manager… waiting on a call from someone. Watch this space!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

So, the saga continues….. had a Qube engineer visit today. Checked all my equipment all working perfectly. Requested an open reach engineer to take up fault. ( not receiving local calls on my landline)  within half hour of his visit I received a text to say fault fixed. Not the case, so text 61998 to carry on fault. Again text received to say fault fixed… not correct… I’m loosing patience, surely it’s got to be an exchange or outside problem… I’m thinking if I apply for a new phone number it may solve this problem??

Any thoughts please? 
many many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787and see if they can help you. BT and openreach were on strike today so lines may be busy tomorrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I’m sure the engineer spoke with them today? 
but I will definitely give them a call tomorrow. Thank you.

0 Ratings