Message 1 of 6

Landline

Go to solution

I have a landline, phone and internet account. I want to keep the internet account but remove the phone. Can I do that and if I do will I still have to pay the landline charges?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Landline

Go to solution
Stand alone BT broadband is available ( so no telephony at all , no incoming or outgoing calls , no 999 access , no phone number ) its ‘list price’ is £5 cheaper than the same broadband that includes telephony on a PAYG basis,
‘line rental’ can be a misused term , if you went for broadband without telephony don’t expect anymore than a £5 reduction if you think that no telephony means no line rental so you were expecting a reduction of £20+ you are mistaken ,
If ( for arguments sake ) you currently pay £35 , expect removing telephony to bring it down to £30 , but you may well have to cancel your existing ‘deal’ and restart a new deal , so new minimum term etc.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
thanks, thats what I wanted to know

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

so, a rip off?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No.

How do you think broadband arrives at your house, magic?

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@simonriddlerwrote:

so, a rip off?

Actually just confusion over how technology works, you can remove the telephony service which is the ability to make and receive calls, that saves you the cost of a mandatory calling plan.
You still pay line rental with all Openreach network service providers, the price is all one charge because the broadband still has to come down the line, some providers try to put a marketing spin on it by advertising no line rental.