cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Lied to by BT staff, and when i complain , they close complaint without doing a thing

on Friday 01/12/2023 my fibre handset supplied by BT kept shutting itself down, no fault by myself. After contacting BT on Friday they said it was a handset problem and was assured a new one would be dispatch and assured for it to arrive on the 04/12/2023. I checked tracking number and when checked with Royal Mail they knew nothing about it.  I phoned BT C/S this morning and was told it had been dispatched and definitely would arrive some time today.  Checking my account and Royal Mail late this afternoon i found out the handset had not even been dispatched until after midday today, so first of all the C/S person LIED to me this morning saying it was on its way, so no way it would get here today, I phoned C/S late this afternoon who apologised, i stated i want to open a complaint about being lied to as the handset is needed because i have a seriously ill bed bound mother and we have Drs, and hospital calls coming in all the time and it was a matter of urgency. I said i want it looked into and find out why i was lied to and was disgusted in the way we have been treated, to which he said he had opened it and it would be looked into. Well what a load of SXXT that was because it was closed as soon as i came off the phone and nothing at all done about it, what kind of service is this, a big cover up to get the numbers down, i want this complaint re-opened and something done about it, i have now been lied to by 2 C/S people and will take this further if nothing is done about this.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lied to by BT staff, and when i complain , they close complaint without doing a thing

@Redders01 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers. Please edit out your fault reference, as its private, and this is a public forum.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

The problem with the handsets have been mentioned before on this forum. It appears that the supplied batteries are no good, and people have needed to change them.

If you have another normal phone, you can plug it into the phone socket on back of the BT Smart Hub 2, and it will work just as well. BT no longer supply the handsets for free.

There have also been reported issues with getting replacement handsets, so it may be worth changing the batteries.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Re: Lied to by BT staff, and when i complain , they close complaint without doing a thing

i am more annoyed with being lied to twice and having a complaint shut down behind my back.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

we are on full fibre so cannot plug in another phone
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

@Redders01 

Yes you can, there is a green phone socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, and that works just like the old phone sockets.

You can plug a normal wired phone into that socket, or a phone base station, whatever you were using before yo got full fibre.

Keith_Beddoe_0-1634296339054.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

i do not have any other phones as when we went to fibre there was no use for them and the old sockets were cut off by the BT installer when he wired the new fibre,
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

also who do i speak to about being lied to by C/S and having a complaint shut down when it has not even been looked into?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

The old sockets have absolutely nothing to do with it. The green socket at the rear of the hub is an analogue phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

ok tyvm for that advice
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Far more useful to have a normal wired phone as a standby in case you have issues with the BT supplied handset.

I suppose BT thought it was a good idea to supply the handsets, unfortunately it caused a mis-understanding with customers, as they assumed that was the only way they could get a working phone.

As for the complaint, I am not sure who you would contact, or what sort of reply you would get.

0 Ratings