Message 1 of 16

Please help

Go to solution

I did a home move over a week ago with bt and took my broadband and home phone with us. The broadband was sorted no problem, but  I've been trying for over a week now to remove the home phone package as we no longer use the phone and I've made so many calls about this and had customer service call me back and still its there on my account. Yesterday I was put through to someone in the I think I.T department and he explained what had happened and why it wasn't removed and did it for me there and then. Unfortunately I lost my signal and lost contact, but by then he had explained that he has removed the line and was going to stop the package I had. I still don't know if any of this has been done as my BT app still shows the digital phone and the bill for next month includes it as well. Please can someone help with this. I've used this community in the past and the moderators have always been amazing and got things done for me. Thank you 😊 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Please help

Go to solution

The only item that would appear on your bill would be a call package which you can cancel yourself in MyBT. Don't expect a huge difference in price if you cease your phone altogether, it will only be a maximum of £5/m less.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hiya, I know there won't be a huge difference, its the fact I no longer want the line and the numerous calls ive wasted my time making to get no where. The package I've looked in my BT and can't see where to remove it. I would like it checked to see if this has actually now been removed from my account as I've asked.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

if you have an existing broadband and phone package/contract then removing the phone element will cancel your existing contract and you will need to start a new contract for Broadband only.  You can change your existing phone part to PAYG online

Bt currently don't have the facility to just cancel the phone element of a broadband and phone package 

I would phone retentions and see if they can help you move from broadband and phone to just broadband only

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi, thank you for your reply. I did a home move just over a week ago and was told when arranging this to call once my broadband was transferred to new property, so I did this and was given a new broadband only package, but still after so many calls to BT the digital phone is still on my account and hasn't been removed, also next month's bill is still showing the phone included. I've done all I was asked to do and the phone still hasn't been removed  I was told my account would show broadband only and my bill would be adjusted to account for this. Even after being put through to someone yesterday who has more knowledge and access to accounts, things are still the same. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

if you moved to Broadband only that would start a new contract and you should have received an email from BT setting out the terms of your new contract which should be broadband only with no mention of phone or DV.  did you get confirmation email?

if you go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar does your phone number show and is it active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

No I didn't recieve an email when they did that, I just have the home move one and I've checked the hub manager as you advised and no number or phone line shown just the WiFi. If this is the case and there is no line why hasn't MyBt adjusted to this and just show WiFi and bills adjusted. Thank you for your advice, at least I now know there is no active phone line. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@denise49 wrote:

'and just show WiFi and bills adjusted.'

your bill should just show cost of broadband package no mention of wifi unless you have added a HALO package

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

My bill says broadband package and under it is  landline and my products says  broadband and digital phone and when I click on it there is a phone number and all about the features, so really don't know what is going on as I don't have a phone line when checking hub manager, something is not right somewhere if the digital phone is still showing in my products, it shouldn't be there 🙃

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@denise49 

Forum members are not going to be able to help with this, so I have asked a moderator to post here for advice.