cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

An order has been placed in 'My Account' by BT, to migrate to DV, 30/01/2024. Implementation, early next week.
I access 'Your order summary', navigate to 'Digital Home Phone'.
Pay As You Go Call Plan. A standard charge of 22.84p for all local, national, mobile, 0870 and 0845 calls.
My current plan is F2 - 700-mins for £7.0
The BT Consumer Price Guide 2024, indicates on page-21, that 700-mins has risen to £9.96.

I currently have 2-open orders, in 'Orders', one 30/01/2024, the other dated 31/01/2024, and they are both identical, the same.

As I haven't placed this order, my guess is that it incurs a change of contract, within my 24-month contract.

A complex conundrum. C-P

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

As I haven't placed this order, my guess is that it incurs a change of contract, within my 24-month contract.

BT migrating you to Digital Voice doesn't alter the contract, your minimum term remains the same, your costs and calling plan remain the same, you might end up paying less as some PSTN calling features that are chargeable, come free with Digital Voice.

Message 5 of 37

Go to solution

I'm currently out of contract, (for reasons I won't go into here), and can confirm that nothing changed contract-wise when I was switched to DV back in September.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

BT migrating you to Digital Voice doesn't alter the contract, your minimum term remains the same, your costs and calling plan remain the same, you might end up paying less as some PSTN calling features that are chargeable, come free with Digital Voice.

@-Richie :-
Had a look at the order. it remains:-
Pay As You Go Call Plan
A standard charge of 22.84p for all local, national, mobile, 0870 and 0845 calls

I've sought a resolution with *** 150. They're going to get back to me.
If they migrate me, as is; it'll cost £13.00'ish @ hour, to put the problem right, next week. No good !
I'm letting this post run. What should happen, and what is happening, are two different threads.

C-Px50.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution

Calls to BT are free , even for customers either deliberately or mistakenly on a PAYG calls plan .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution

@iniltouswrote:

Calls to BT are free , even for customers either deliberately or mistakenly on a PAYG calls plan .

Calls to BT are free: calls to everybody else, chime in at £13.00'ish @ hour, if the 'order' isn't sorted.

C-Px50x0.15x5.gif

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 37

Tilt : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

Busy Day.

SH2 turned up today, a wiped up, and hopefully tested SH2. All the ports that are supposed to work, are functioning. Steady Blue.

Speed tests, way within spec; which throws up a dilemma. In July 2021, I posted query about F2, running at 80/10, not 80/20. I tested the HH3b 80/10, before I disconnected it. I connected up the SH2, did it's thing, stable blue 80/20. I've the same 4 machines, all now run at a more substantial upload speed.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/FTTC-Fibre-2-Product-Speed-Review/m-p/2174193
and subsequently,
https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Potential-Mismatch/m-p/2173123

The difference between F1 & F2 is/was about £5.00 @ month. Is there any compensation, for this sort of thing, as it's been going on since an original free upgrade to 80/20. I never got the 20, only a meagre 10. I gave up trying to report the issue as a fault. Nobody wants to know about 'UPLOAD' speeds. "Speeds not guaranteed, it's your machine, cable route miles for FTTC too far, the BT Auto Link Test Results indicate no problem." Heard 'em all.

DV-Day approaches; a white knuckle ride, till the end.
C-P2x50x0.15x6.gif

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 37

Re: Tilt : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

Now you have the SH2 connected, leave it on until the day after the switch to DV, post back if any issues.

0 Ratings