cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 37

On Track : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

Now you have the SH2 connected, leave it on until the day after the switch to DV, post back if any issues.

I've found a current spare DECT base & hand set, all paired-up . Is it a good idea to put it in the 'Green Socket', anytime before DV-Day ? Simply, to see if anyone in 'Migration' wants to try the DV-Link ? Although, the SH2 might need a 3-pin reset, when DV is ready to go ?

SH2x100x0.15x5.gif

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 37

Re: On Track : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

no point in connecting to 'green socket' until DV active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 37

Still : On Track : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

no point in connecting to 'green socket' until DV active

I've had a look in the Hub Manager: the 'phone' icon, 'NOT CONFIGURED'. I'll keep it monitored, for a change of status.

I've had an email and a text confirming the Migration.
BT-200-0.15-6.gif

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 37

Re: Still : On Track : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

then check hub manager and see if you see your phone number under phone and if active.  you may need to restart your hub first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 37

DV INSTALLED : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

then check hub manager and see if you see your phone number under phone and if active.  you may need to restart your hub first

The Good News.
DV has arrived. Best to run a few checks.
(used to do this stuff, for a living).
1. Hub Manager 'PHONE' populated as required.
2. Backed-Up HUB CONF.
3. DECT-Phone-2-Green Socket.
4. Dialtone : OK.
5. Backed up : HUB CONFIG.
6. Rang DV-Number, from a cellphone : OK.
7. Downloaded : EVENT LOG : OK. (2C, when the magic happened).
8. Check : Power-Outage/Restore : OK.
9. Backed up : HUB CONFIG.
10. RELUCTANT TO MAKE A CALL ¦ SEE 'THE BAD NEWS'.

The Bad-News.
The Call-Package still indicates 22.84p @ min/£13.00 @ hour.
MYBT ¦ 'LANDLINE', Displays the legend 'ADD NOW', not 700mins @ £7.00 (now £9.36.) Still an option in the BT Consumer Price Guide 19/JAN/2024.
Had a look at Call-Plans, only x2. PAYG & UNLIMITED.
I've 150 coming back to me on this issue. Having spoken to x2 operatives already; I'm not impressed with Customer Service & Satisfaction, (or is that a fanciful previous-life notion, in this day and age ?)

ALL SINGING & DANCING !

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 37

Re: DV INSTALLED : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

I recontracted a week ago and was told by a Guide in Doncaster that the 700 minutes package was no longer available so had to opt for unlimited minutes at £12.50 per month discounted to £11.00 monthly.

According to the current BT website PAYG calls to landlines or mobiles are 26.12p a minute day or night so something's not quite right!

RIC9380

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 37

Waiting for the 'Migration Order'-2-Progress : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

Waiting for the 'Migration Order'-2-Progress. BT has gone a bit quiet, just now. So, what to do ?

DECT-PHONES.
I've a spare BT1000 Digital Cordless Phone, modern, basic facilities, BASE & HANDSET.
A couple of questions ?
1. If I deregister the HANDSET from the BASE; will it REGISTER directly to the SH2 DV PHONE Facility ?

2. The Dect-Phone plugged in to the SH2-Green Socket, works OK. Would it work better, registered directly to the SH2, rather than it's Base ?

I ran with ADSL BT Home Hub Version 1.5, with Hub Phone 1020; until, offered a 'BT Free Upgrade to FTTC F2/80-20'; even though the HH3 only ever ran at 80-10. The Hub Phone 1020, independently, happily 'registered' with subsequent DECT bases, along the way. I guess the DECT technology remains current.

CHEERS-!-rb.gif

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 37

Re: Waiting for the 'Migration Order'-2-Progress : Migration to Digital Voice ?

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

Waiting for the 'Migration Order'-2-Progress. BT has gone a bit quiet, just now. So, what to do ?

DECT-PHONES.
I've a spare BT1000 Digital Cordless Phone, modern, basic facilities, BASE & HANDSET.
A couple of questions ?
1. If I deregister the HANDSET from the BASE; will it REGISTER directly to the SH2 DV PHONE Facility ?
2. The Dect-Phone plugged in to the SH2-Green Socket, works OK. Would it work better, registered directly to the SH2, rather than it's Base ?
I ran with ADSL BT Home Hub Version 1.5, with Hub Phone 1020; until, offered a 'BT Free Upgrade to FTTC F2/80-20'; even though the HH3 only ever ran at 80-10. The Hub Phone 1020, independently, happily 'registered' with subsequent DECT bases, along the way. I guess the DECT technology remains current.

CHEERS-!-rb.gif

Answering my own questions.

1. Handset only registers with it's own product 'base' series.
2. Handset only registers with it's own product 'base' series.

There's a notional incompatibility between the two different series of Dect-Phones. Registered to one 'base', limited functionality ? Green Socket Phone full functionality. Newly registered Dect-Phone, to the same base, appears to have full functionality, as well.

An alternative, the DV-Adapter. Still 'FREE' ?

p.s 'ORDER' still meandering along, at it's own pace.
BT100x-0.15x5.gif

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

Go to solution

the DV adapter is still free so phone CS 03301234150 and request one

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 37

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

the DV adapter is still free so phone CS 03301234150 and request one

@imjolly wrote : Many Thanks !

I'd like to give the really helpful people a kudos/rating; but there's no button to punch on my screen.
I've tried stripping my Firefox down to bare bones, buttonless.

Thanks anyway !
C-P2x50x0.15x6.gif

0 Ratings