cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

A FREEBIE,RESULT : Migration to DV ?

Go to solution

The free DV-Adapter is alive and well, living chez-moi. On the strength of the freebie, I've celebrated by purchasing the cheaper dedicated DV-phone, at a discount, under one of the nominated schemes.

Does the DV-Adapter function through your premises electricity supply ? If anyone liberates your DV-Adapter by stealth, will it work in any premises on the same electricity-phase, with their phone plugged in ?

RETIARIUS ¦ NETMANRETIARIUS ¦ NETMAN

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

Re: A FREEBIE,RESULT : Migration to DV ?

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

The DV-Adapter is a DECT device like most non-wired home phones.

Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

Does the DV-Adapter function through your premises electricity supply ? If anyone liberates your DV-Adapter by stealth, will it work in any premises on the same electricity-phase, with their phone plugged in ?

All is revealed in the FAQ https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

The DV-Adapter is a DECT device like most non-wired home phones.

OK, the signal goes over the airwaves, not through the wires.

Buf2-150-0.15INF.gif

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

E-DV-HS : Migration to DV ?

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

Essentials DV-Phone arrived on queue.

5-mins to get it up and running. Data download 20-mins. A well appointed toy for £20. It's going to take a while to punt through all the stuff that'll give me a good bit of hands-on. Dial tone, OK, rings out, OK; that'll do for starters.

I haven't found a route to 'Checking for Updates', if there's one at all ? Anyone !
CHEERS-!-rg.gif

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

In the Field : Migration to DV ?

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:

Essentials DV-Phone arrived on queue.

5-mins to get it up and running. Data download 20-mins. A well appointed toy for £20. It's going to take a while to punt through all the stuff that'll give me a good bit of hands-on. Dial tone, OK, rings out, OK; that'll do for starters.

I haven't found a route to 'Checking for Updates', if there's one at all ? Anyone

Essentials DV-Handset. 'Checking for Updates', lives at:-
Menu - Settings - Product Info - Update Software.
Charge it up for 16-hours ? What's wrong with replacing the existing batteries, with a set of a fully charged equivalent ?

I took the DV-Handset out shopping; to see how far the dial-tone would last. Less than 75-metres; I'd put it around 175-feet in the concrete jungle. It certainly didn't work in a shop, a quarter of a mile away.

UPS are readily available at electrical distributors. They're around £80-inc upwards, to silly money; it all depends on the length of a power-outage ? If you want to run a kettle, a toaster, and a washing machine off UPS; they're massive big bucks. Little bitty milliampere fat plugs, run on the cheaper end of the price spectrum.
EDHP200.png

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

Closure : Migration to DV ?

Go to solution

... and to a close.

Officially complaining, best, an indeterminate beano. The best expectations are ¦ 0-0 DRAW.

DV-Handset, an excellent toy. Broadband running as description. No more to add.

HAPPY DAYS !HAPPY DAYS !

0 Ratings