cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Move to DV

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

What I believe they do now when going from broadband and voice service to just sogea broadband only is a regrade to that broadband product that is broadband only.

But you do need to choose a broadband only product for this to work. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

A recent power failure in the Haywards Heath area shows the weakness of DV, it is all right for BT to glibly say use a mobile but the local mobile tower was also effected the only way to get a mobile signal was to drive nearly to Brighton. Not very helpful if you are housebound.

No doubt BT's response will be that it is a rare occurrence, which may be true but does not help.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

BT Customer Service call me back and have 'cancelled the migration for now' but can't guarantee when it will be processed again as everyone needs to move to DV by 2026.

I spoke with Customer Options who said that my current contract is cheaper than what they could offer me to re-contract without voice services. I did question them about the price as they're significantly cheaper online but allegedly they can only offer those to new customers. It 'amuses' me that they want me to move to a more expensive new 24 month minimum term but won't offer me the current offers so I politely declined.

At the end of the minimum term of my current contract I will look at my package and see what other full fibre providers can offer. I am paying for services like whole home Wi-FI and hybrid connect when I am using my own router so they're a little bit useless to me now.

I'll expect be able to get Fibre900 service for a significantly lower price without those additions

BT could really do with updating their router to Wi-Fi 6.

0 Ratings