Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 13

Move to DV

Go to solution

Hi all,

Received an email today to advise that I am being 'migrated' to Digital Voice (DV), having resisted so far.

Few reasons:

• I have old GPO (pulse dial phones) and want to continue to use them. I know there are adaptors on eBay that convert pulse dial phones to be compatible with DV but that's not an option for me due to the router issue.
  • I want to retain the fixed line rather than opt for a digital service in case of an emergency.
  • The final reason I have for not wanting to move to DV is that BT does not support it on non-BT routers. I have Fibre900 and the router BT supplied is useless and does not support half the speed they sell. I have invested in a Wifi Mesh 6E system that cost a considerable amount and I am not interested in ripping out for the sub-standard kit they sent me.

Has anyone had any experience with this move? Is there a way I can stop it from happening in the interim or cancel the service and move to another provider?

I am 5 months in on a 24-month contract after I moved house at the tail end of last year.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Move to DV

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Quote from Landlines are going digital - Landlines Go Digital

"In order to be able to use the Digital phone when there’s a power-cut you will need a Batter Backup or UPS." 

Could I have that with chips please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

The PSTN is closing hence why all 600+ providers be that Virgin Media, BT, Sky or an AltNet are moving to Digital Internet based voice services.

If you move provider you are likely to be moved onto that providers own digital voice service.

Some providers allow you to go broadband only and you can then use a third party VoIP supplier that can allow you to use your own router.

As for making emergency calls in a powercut see https://landlinesgo.digital/powercut 

@Les-Gibson, ta fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Just called 150 to talk about options and they haven't got half a clue.

Transferred 3 times, and one person told me the order had been in for over a week (when it was raised yesterday) and couldn't be stopped now. Another told me it was fine but I needed to speak to early life support, admittedly she was new so you can excuse her knowledge gaps and the final one told me I need to speak to customer options but they won't help with an open order.

I know they're only doing their jobs but if they don't know the answer rather than make it up they should go and find out or BT should have a dedicated DV migrations team that customers can speak to.

BT market itself as a premium service, this didn't feel very premium and at close to £80 a month for broadband, I expect better.

Now allegedly I have to wait for a callback tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

If you want to discuss either going broadband only or if you are dependent on your landline such as having a medical or have health equipment that uses the line or no mobile signal then try calling the FTTP team who deals with Digital Voice, 0800 587 4787, to go over options or to place notes on file for extra support needed to move to digital voice 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

That number much like the 0330 number just redirects to the main IVR. 

All I wanted to do was cancel the voice element on the contract as I won’t be able to use it when I’m switched over. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

Cancelling your phone service will cease your broadband.

Its simpler just not to use it, as it makes very little difference to the price. You can always divert your incoming number to a mobile.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Not according to their website. 

IMG_0043.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

It good that they offer that option, as normally if you cancel your phone, it cancels the broadband.

That would seem your best option if you no longer use your phone number.

0 Ratings