cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 48

Re: Multi-call option - Digital Voice

May I please join this thread?

I have the same problem as the OP: of my three handsets, only the one directly attached to my Smarthub2 allows outward calls: the other two (both cordless)  give the engaged tone and trying to dial out results in failure.

I understand from one message on this thread that it ought to be possible for BT or a Mod to alter the setting so as to cancel Multi-Calling, so I am appealing for help, please!

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 48

When you say "directly attached" do you mean the cordless base station is plugged into the digital voice socket on the hub? Are the other two phones paired with that base station? An engaged tone on a cordless phone, which is not connecting to the base station, is normal behaviour.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 48

Thank you very much for your speedy response.

To clarify.

The handset directly attached to my hub is a normal one.

The cordless ones are paired, one is downstairs and the other is upstairs. Neither is directly connected to the hub.

What used to happen with either cordless phone was that after entering the required number and pressing 'Talk', I would briefly hear the dialling tone whilst the number was dialled, then the ringing tone. No engaged tone.

Now, after entering a number and pressing 'Talk', I hear the engaged tone whilst the number is dialled and this continues after completion of the dialling. No sign of a ring tone, no response from the called number.

I hope the above is helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 48

@Fibre1user 

sorry but when your say the 2 cordless phones are paired are they paired to the SH2 or to another base station

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 48

Thank you for your question.

They are paired to another base station. One of them has a Digital Voice Adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 48

Try moving the adapter closer to the hub. I assume you have paired the adapter to the hub.

Not sure what you mean by 'one if them has a digital voice adapter'. How many base stations do you have?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 48

Thank you for your questions.

I can confirm that the adapter is paired to the hub. I don't see how I can move it closer to the hub..

By 'one of them has a digital voice adapter' I was saying that of my two cordless phones, one has an adapter. I have just the one base station and this has the adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 48

To eliminate the problem being one of range of either the adapter to the hub or handset to base station, temporarily move the adapter as close to the hub as possible and try both handsets whilst close to the base station.

Message 29 of 48

Have you tried plugging the base station into the hub? Just to rule out any issue with the handsets.  

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 48

As suggested, I moved my base station and connected it to my hub and then tested both cordless phones. Result - no problems.

What now? I need my ordinary handset to be plugged into the hub.

0 Ratings